Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something. - Anton Chekhov
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Teleporting Atoms as Mini-cargo...

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay, teleporting anything like a tomato or a human is probably too difficult.
However, if you can merely teleport atoms or even just fire them (like a gun) from one place to another, you might be able to provide raw materials to an outerspace location.
For example, you have a space station for our moon, and rather than fly all the way there, you fire atoms of the required substance(s) at it. The station then receives and collects the atoms, and forms the substance(s) needed.
This may or may not be more efficient than flying there, but I'd guess it may be more desirable (if possible) in certain situations, perhaps if there's a high degree of danger.
Could this work?

"There is no negative one..."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, keep on thinking. Bg, the exersize is good for you & others . . . in a sense what is being discussed exist in naturally, energy is beamed onto the earth continually from space. We just don't make effective use of it.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
Lachrymologist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Another good one from Black Gold, EDUCATE YOURSELF
Suggested Reading: Parallel Worlds by Dr. Michio Kaku
That will keep you busy for a while, and answer a ton of your questions.
Which by the way are very intelligent yet clearly lacking knowledge on the subjects you speak of.
Electrons never exist in one place in one time, they exist in multiple places, so, can you? How about the Earth? How about the Universe?

"There is no love in fear..."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I will try and look at that if I find time, although already have plenty to read. Thanks for the suggestion...

I do tend to post a lot of stuff without researching it deeply. I just like bringing up the topics I usually have not seen before my mind stumbled across them.

Please indicate if you find this particularly annoying...

Also, when you talk about electrons existing in one place at one time, are you referring to uncertainty (as in Heisenberg's)?

If so, I think it's only for the purpose of measurement that we cannot say where, and when something is, with total certainty, at the same time (at least yet)...

"There is no negative one..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy