Life is good once you know how to master the enigma, which is known as the Internet. - pepeje2k1
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Willing Yourself To Love

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Willing Yourself To Love
Have you ever tried to see the brighter side of life?
Have you ever tried to see the good in a person, and let that lead you a little?
Have you ever been to a funeral, and KEPT yourself sad?

I believe it is possible emotions (like love) can be summoned based on the logical aspect. Such that if you say you should feel a particular way about something (based on logic) you can make your heart feel that way.

For example, someone is having a relationship with someone, interactions with that person (quite at random) may have the love strengthened simply because they hold that relationship, as nothing special may have occurred.

I'm sure this would work for dislike of someone, and perhaps a variety of other emotions.

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with this (in theory), as, in a way, it allows someone to make small logical advances with their emotions. I think it may be abused in certain cases though, where perhaps the only love that is recognised derives from someone saying 'That's my partner, and because they are, I love them.' As you can understand, this may prove difficult when someone is in an abusive relationship.

Your thoughts?

"There is no negative one..."
Willing Yourself To Love
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy