Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do we exist? - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

'Where do you go? Heaven?'

To answer forgiveness question I believe that there are multiverse (or meta-universe). Which is a theory that there are multiple possible universes which make up reality. So we just pass on to another universe when our journey in this one is over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Humans have consciousness, birds and bees do not

How do you figure, and what makes you so sure?

quote:
I believe that this universe holds many dimensions, many of which we do not understand and will be revealed with time.

Out of sheer curiosity, where did you get such concepts and what made you feel that they are most likely?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i've been in and out of medical facilities my entire life. I think its true for the most part people hold something that is spiritual that goes beyond were normal survival instincts will push one. In the face of death.

But i am logical in my thought and i know to say that there is god ... ect is stupid. That has lead me over review of other versions of spiritual beliefs and my own thought and in what i experienced.

That universe we live in holds many many plains of existence and that we will mature and move somewhere else.

I don't think there is anything to fear, so only thing left to do is except this and live my life on this plain.

And the time bit, I think understanding of these dimensions have to due with maturing and scientific developments but mostly it was in reference to death.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You exists....is that proof enough?

Me existing is proof of your god?

Hardly.

Me existing in only proof of my parents.

46yrs • M •
CCrider is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Existence..Why question it? Is that not the answer within the question.. Non existence would not ask itself "why do i not existence" hence existence would equate to questioning/pondering such aspects. Existence equates to questioning.. In essence foresight. In saying that what is existence.. A 'rock' exists.. physically, chemically, chronologically etc. Does that define existence? A rock does not question itself.. So apparently would seem to not exist defined by said previous laws of existence.. But it does. So the question should be defined.. "what is life?" Hard to concieve the notion.. Since a tree is considered alive as such but has no brain.. So in essence would assume it does not question its existence.. Hence would deny itself existence/life in said question?? Confusing hey. But i would give a tree more credence to the policy of life than a rock! So still yet I ponder.. Life = growth, procreation & death.. A tree lives in such criteria a rock does not.. If i do not grow, procreate or die.. does that mean i have no life? I believe senescence is curable.. To procreate deniable.. But growth? Is growth a given.. Is a cell that splits in two alive? Is division of a cell growth? I confuse myself more with each definition.. To my knowledge no known life can exist without water.. Is water the essence of life? Seems apparent so far.. Cant define an exclusive denial of this proposition.. Entities can have water and not be alive.. But no life can exist and have no water..?? Water is life..? Is it. Seems a logical conclusion does it not. Water doesnt grow.. does not breed.. Or die.. But all life relies upon it to some extent to LIVE.. Conclusion is LIFE = WATER (H2O) Life has nothing to do with questioning... existence. LIFE IS WATER.. Simple as that.. Weird conclusion.. But is all i can come up with for now.. Now separate water into its elements.. Hydrogen & Oxygen.. Hydrogen is a variable.. But OXYGEN is the the consistent factor.. Maybe Oxygen equates to the meaning of life.? Just maybe.. We breathe oxygen.. Most if not all life relies on oxygen.. Is OXYGEN the keystone to existence/life? Will have to research more into life and its existence without the property of oxygen being a factor.. to be conclusive. I am slightly confused.. Apparently forms of anaerobic bacteria can survive WITHOUT oxygen..? They are considered to be living. Maybe the question can be defined as "INTELLIGENT LIFE" Hence would assume would have to have a brain.. For cognitive function.. Question now is "WHAT IS INTELLIGENT LIFE?" And what defines its existence..? You would assume intelligence would equate to choice/decision.. Emotion maybe..? What defines emotion though? My feelings now equate to a an obscure factor.. Maybe our purpose.. our existence.. is for no reason other than.. Not for what is.. But for what is to be?? The future!! The only unknown quantity in this equation... Just maybe the question of existence 'INTELLIGENT LIFE' is the unknown quotation.. What will happen?? As opposed to what has happened..? Think about it! Does a non intelligent life question 'what will become of me??' It either succeeds in its procreation (spawn) or not and dies... We as intelligent life.. CONTEMPLATE such said forthcomings.. We even mourn potential said life.. i.e. Intelligent life equates to foresight.. and expectation.. of said circumstance.. or being.. Life equals potential to be more than your own expectation and knowledge.. LIFE = LEARNING.. INTELLIGENT LIFE = LEARNING..KNOWLEDGE.. and PROGRESS..?? Learn from mistakes..? Is progress the meaning of life?? What if you fail in progression.. Are you not intelligent..?? Good question... If everyday at 6am a worm was eaten by a bird.. Would you not figure as the worm 'do not be there at 6am'?? Hence progress.. = intelligent life.. Stay there at 6am.. you are eaten to exstinction.. Be there at 8am maybe bird will not be there.. LEARNING.. PROGRESS..INTELLIGENCE.. Maybe the question is not 'INTELLIGENT LIFE' but 'PROGRESSIVE LIFE??' Intelligent life would not be considered intelligent if it progressed backwards.. Intelligence is defined by learning.. Knowledge.. So intelligence is defined as progression.. Hence Intelligent life equates to .. 'PROGRESSIVE LIFE' New question is what defines "PROGRESSIVE LIFE?'.. Got me thinking now.. Progressive life thus must equate to learnt behaviours... Even instincts maybe.. We all feel we have instincts.. How does a new baby spider spin a web? Without being taught how to do such a thing..? Yet it happens.. So to some degree there must be a genetically inherant instinctive behaviour... IS progressive life defined genetically..? Is progress defined genetically as opposed to nurture/upbringing/experience etc..? Are we predisposed to LEARN.. ? Hence Intelligence.. Which in turn leads to progress.. Are WE as humans the very definition of the question.. WE EXIST.. WHY QUESTION IT..??

"If I know anything.. It is that I know nothing!"
Why do we exist? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy