Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do YOU hate muslims?

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
naznaz127 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Do YOU hate muslims?
I just wanted to start a new thread to see what others on this site think.
First of all, I love Christ and I've been a Christian since i was very young. After the attacks on 9/11, i was scarred and from that day i chose that i could not and would not forgive the muslims for what they'd done, EVER! to this day i still feel that way and i just want to know what others think about the subject.
Please respond.

"The LORD, He is God! The LORD He is God! I Kings 18:39"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tazzlyn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't hate Muslims. I don't hate Christians. I hate religion, because that's what the problem is. I hate Islam and I hate Christianity. To hate Muslims is stupid. I've had a few Muslim friends and they were some of the nicest, greatest people I've ever known - despite that I greatly disagree with their - and pretty much everyone else's - religion.

I'm not entirely sure about what Christians should do, but I don't think it says much about your Christian values to not forgive those who did this to America. You and the people who did this are one in the same, despite how much you deny it.

9/11 was terrible but it was religion's fault. Period. And I'll leave you with a story by Richard Dawkins to reinforce that statement.

"Gerin Oil (or Geriniol, to give it its scientific name) is a powerful drug that acts directly on the central nervous system to produce a range of symptoms, often of an antisocial or self-damaging nature. It can permanently modify the child brain to produce adult disorders, including dangerous delusions that are hard to treat. The four doomed flights of September 11, 2001, were Gerin Oil trips: all nineteen of the hijackers were high on the drug at the time. Historically, Geriniolism was responsible for atrocities such as the Salem witch hunts and the massacres of native South Americans by Conquistadores. Gerin Oil fuelled most of the wars of the European Middle Ages and, in more recent times, the carnage that attended the partitioning of the Indian subcontinent and of Ireland.

Gerin Oil intoxication can drive previously sane individuals to run away from a normally fulfilled human life and retreat to closed communities of confirmed addicts. These communities are usually limited to one sex only, and they vigorously, often obsessively, forbid sexual activity. Indeed, a tendency towards agonized sexual prohibition emerges as a drably recurring theme amid all the colorful variations of Gerin Oil symptomatology. Gerin Oil does not seem to reduce the libido per se, but it frequently leads to a preoccupation with reducing the sexual pleasure of others. A current example is the prurience with which many habitual "Oilers" condemn homosexuality.

As with other drugs, refined Gerin Oil in low doses is largely harmless, and can serve as a lubricant on social occasions such as marriages, funerals, and state ceremonies. Experts differ over whether such social tripping, though harmless in itself, is a risk factor for upgrading to harder and more addictive forms of the drug.

Medium doses of Gerin Oil, though not in themselves dangerous, can distort perceptions of reality. Beliefs that have no basis in fact are immunized, by the drug's direct effects on the nervous system, against evidence from the real world. Oilheads can be heard talking to thin air or muttering to themselves, apparently in the belief that private wishes so expressed will come true, even at the cost of other people's welfare and mild violation of the laws of physics. This autolocutory disorder is often accompanied by weird tics and hand gestures, manic stereoptypies such as rhythmic headnodding toward a wall, or Obsessive Compulsive Orientation Syndrome (OCOS: facing towards the east five times a day).

Gerin Oil in strong doses is hallucinogenic. Hardcore mainliners may hear voices in the head, or experience visual illusions that seem to the sufferers so real that they often succeed in persuading others of their realitiy. An individual who convincingly reports high-grade hallucinations may be venerated, and even followed as some kind of leader, by others who regard themselves as less fortunate. Such follower-pathology can long postdate the original leader's death, and may expand into bizarre psychedelia such as the cannibalistic fantasy of "drinking the blood and eating the flesh" of the leader.

Chronic abuse of Geriniol can lead to "bad trips", in which the user suffers terrifying delusions, including fears of being tortured, not in the real world but in a postmortem fantasy world. Bad trips of this kind are bound up with a morbid punishment-lore that is as characterstic of this drug as the obsessive fear of sexuality already noted. The punishment-culture fostered by Gerin Oil ranges from "smack" through "lash" to getting "stoned" (especiallly adulteresses and rape victims), and "demanifestation" (amputation of one hand), up to the sinister fantasy of allo-punishment or "cross-topping", the execution of one individual for the sins of others.

You might think that such a potentially dangerous and addictive drug would head the list of proscribed intoxicants, with exemplary sentences handed out for pushing it. But no, it is readily obtainable anywhere in the world and you don't even need a prescription. Professional traffickers are numerous, and organized in hierarchical cartels, openly trading on street corners and in purpose-made buildings. Some of these cartels are adept at fleecing poor people desperate to feed their habit. "Godfathers" occupy influential poisitions in high places, and they have the ear of royalty, of presidents and of prime ministers. Governments don't just turn a blind eye to the trade, they grant it tax-exempt status. Worse, they subsidize schools founded with the specific intention of getting children hooked.

I was prompted to write this article by the smiling face of a happy man in Bali. He was ecstatically greeting his death sentence for the brutal murder of large numbers of innocent holiday-makers whom he had never met, and against whom he bore no personal grudge. Some people in the court were shocked at his lack of remorse. Far from remorse, his response was one of obvious exhilaration. He punched the air , delirious with joy that he was to be "martyred", to use the jargon of his group of abusers. Make no mistake about it, this beatific smile, looking forward with unalloyed pleasure to the firming squad, is the smile of a junkie. Here we have the archetypal mainliner, doped up with hard, unrefined,unadulterated, high-octane Gerin Oil.

Whatever your view of the vengeance and deterrence theories of capital punishment, it should be obvious that his case is special. Martydom is a strange revenge against those who crave it, and, far from deterrring, it always recruits more martyrs than it kills. The important point is that the problem would not arise in the first place if children were protected from getting hooked on a drug with such a bad prognosis for their adult minds."

"Inspire."
 74yrs • F •
Season Fair is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You're kidding, right? WE attacked an innocent nation of Muslims and still occupy it illegally, along with Israel in Gaza and Lebanon. Are we do now assume that maybe we started this? If we didn't back Israel, or build bases in Saudi and make demands, maybe Muslims would not hate us. Sides, the Saudis are the ones financially backing AlQaeda...why doesn't Bush invade them?

I guess what I'm trying to say without getting so very angry is that is all Christianity has to offer is "I'll oppress you and support the oppression of you but if you hurt me, I'll hate you and kill you forever"?

Are you not aware this is an extreme organization which is exploiting people much as the Evangelical movement in the US is exploiting good people to make the rich richer?

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I just wanted to start a new thread to see what others on this site think.
First of all, I love Christ and I've been a Christian since i was very young. After the attacks on 9/11, i was scarred and from that day i chose that i could not and would not forgive the muslims for what they'd done, EVER! to this day i still feel that way and i just want to know what others think about the subject.
Please respond."

You claim to be Christian, yet you judge an entire peoples by the action of a miniscule portion of that peoples.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All my family save me are muslims, no I dont love or hate them because they are muslim.. or others because they are not but because of their individual traits and actions.

When 9/11 happened i was still muslim, i was eleven at the time and i was quite shocked and felt very sorry for the victims of the attack. You have to understand that very few muslims would do that.. or were happy when it happened.. and that muslims are different all over the world with different values and from different cultures. By hating muslims you are hating a large portion of humanity and i dont believe you should cut off so many innocent people... Im sure they will survive without you but somehow it will hurt you. There are bad muslims and good muslims.. as there are good and bad christians.. its all about an individuals actions. So think over it and try to extinguish the hate. Sometimes hate can push people to achieve things but all that the hate in this situation will do is prove to the whole world that you are intolerant and ignorant of what it means to be a muslim. Perhaps because of your lack of experience and the effect the attack had on your life you may be justified, some would argue such.. i wouldnt though.. look up muslim countries and different cultures.. and Islam as a religion, you may be surprised.

One of the greatest things i have learnt is to try to see the good in everything, try to see the good within the muslim nation. I assure you there is alot of it.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tazzlyn. i read that article long ago. After reading it i did a lot of research on Gerin Oil. There are no 1st hand accounts of the drug and there are no pictures or articles on it other than the one richard dawkins wrote. IMO, i dont believe Gerin oil is even real. i find that richard dawkins is creating this fictional drug as a tool to use against religion. Richard Dawkins is a blundering idiot and will scramble and struggle and desperately try to force his opinions on everyone, as with most atheists. just annoying.

On hating muslims- any kind of hate is lame. its just people fulfilling roles. i often look at people who hate and find that they also struggle to step over people in the social scene. my definition of hate is - dramatical meat for our minds to wrap around. its for bored people, as Anton LaVey would say.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tazzlyn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
doom123: Gerin Oil isn't real. It's actually an anagram for religion. Same letters. Religion = Gerin Oil or Geriniol. And what you said is exactly what he did - he created a fictional name for a drug that is actually religion. But did you see anything slanderous or wrong about it? And Dawkins DOESN'T force his opinion on people like some religious people do. He writes books and articles but doesn't force anyone to read them. And whenever someone interviews him for a movie or a TV show, THEY go to HIM to get an interview because he is one of the most well know and well thought out atheists. And saying that most atheists "scramble and struggle and desperately try to force" their opinions on people is wrong. If the situation occurs where an atheist tries to give his or her point to a religious person, they always try to point out the logic of their school of thought. Name a few cases where atheism was FORCED among people. I can name a TON with religion...I can list a few wars for you, to start. And back to Dawkins...he is certainly not an idiot. If you think Richard Dawkins is an idiot, you haven't read his books or anything about him. He's incredibly intelligent.

I'm kind with religious people on their stances. I am open minded and respectful and see their points from all the views I can. But you are the epitome of how most religious people are. Disrespectful, generalizing and rude.

I find that your comments make you seem deeply ignorant.

And I hope you've understood what I've said.

"Inspire."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ayi is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no, i do not hate Muslims.
i agree with Season Fair. What some Muslims may have done before do not and would never mean that all of them will do that. It will never represent them as a whole.

Have you considered what other people have done to them? like the recent news about an incident that a soldier has used the Muslims' Qur'an for target shooting? what can you say about that? should Muslims just sit quietly and take the oppression of other people, of other religion? i am not trying to give justification to what we can call their revenge but then we have to see and realize that perhaps (and i believe there is) a reason why they have done it. and the reason might have something to do with the continuous meddling of a particular "powerful" country and its self-serving president.

and the thing about some Christians is, they tend to judge easily which is in contrast of what their religion is trying to teach.

it really saddens me though how you call yourself a Christian and yet have so much hate in your heart.

""Fight not because you're brave but because you're a coward who wanted to prove something."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...hate to argue on a peaceful forum but.. tazzlyn, by calling me generalizing and ignorant you are in turn calling yourself the same thing. only from my perspective. you declared those things from the contents of one post. also, i have every single richard dawkins book in my personal library. ive read all but one. i didnt read the last one because i thought it was garbage. now mind you this is just my opinion man. im not trying to "disrespect" anyone im just stating my opinions. and if that makes me seem rude than so be it. its not my fault that you take offense to what i say. i dont control your feelings (law of least effort- deepak chopra). i DO respect you tazzlyn, as i do with all opinionated people. Also, thank GOD you told me that Gerin oil bit. i was completely baffled.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 51yrs • F •
lonelyinNYC is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hate is a very strong word. I understand how traumatic 9/11 must have been for you at your age. I am 35 and I was hit very hard by it, especially because I live in NYC and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I know that we all have the right to our opinions, but I feel that it is wrong to hate a group of individuals because they share a religion or a race just because a some chose to become terrorists. I believe that just as any individual posesses the ability to become evil each individual also posesses the ability to become a good person. Just because you are MUSLIM does not mean that you are or ever will be a terrorist or a bad person. We all have choices in life regardless of our race. Try to look at each person you encounter as an individual, don't hate an innocent person just because some terrorists that share their race or the terrorists did their jobs well. They created hate within an innocent human, you are too good to fall for that. Be well.

"Who loves ya? Me, Myself & I"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to have a dislike for Muslims. I used to think Israel was pretty good. If we had never had gone to war with Iraq I probably would have continued believing that.

I don't I have to talk about iraq, because we all know about Iraq, at least I hope we do.

In disgust for our foreign policy for profit for large companies, bankrupting our country abusing those who volunteer to serve their country, my eyes have been open and I don't like Israel anymore and a found a few good Muslim friends on the internet and they are not bad people at all. Like all religions, they have their fanatics, but they are not fanatics, they are just like you or I.

I think it is a real shame the way the Palestinians are being treated. They are the American indians of yesterday.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Do YOU hate muslims?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy