Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The spiritual step

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The spiritual step
I have realised that the environment does not change with time; time is part of the environment.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am sorry, I do not understand how that works, I have been sitting here reading it and then thinking but I dont know if I get it, no I am big enough to say I do not, could you explain?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You have heard that people are a product of their environment. The classic response in converse with this is to argue that people are influenced by their genes (nature vs nurture). But, those genes were carved by the fate of two people getting together when, where and how they did.

In the same way we can see patterns in space, we see patterns in time. Theerfore, it only takes a logical step to assume time as just another variable to which we can associate patterns. Like, for example, in space, the arctic is similar to the antarctic or the pyramids in Mexico are similart to the pyramids in Egypt. And in time, the russian campaigns of Napolean and Hitler are similar or you could liken Vietnam to Iraq.

In any case, the rules of physics still applied 5 hours ago, yesterday, and from what I read, they go back to at least Ancient Greek times. Therefore, time is not a random thing, but is an orderly change of things. In the same way you can travel to the Africa and the same laws of physics apply, you can look at historical pictures to see how people or landscapes change, yet they are all determined by fundamental laws. It is understanding, in truth, feeling these fundamental laws that allows us to become greater in spirtuality.

The environment isn't something that is static and changes with time; in fact it CANNOT be static; if it ever were then there would be no flows - it has to be continuous; just like space doesn't have gaps (it my have voids but that is something to think about). If you think of time as a thing that changes -then you can asscoiate patterns with the changes. Everything - space, time, mass, love, hate, anger, greatness, truth, falsehood - these are all contained in the environment. Classically you would have included all without time - it is a natural thing. However, through time, you realise that time itself is just another variable - its a thing that changes IN our environment.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
theres a great quote at the beginning of the movie the Departed, (paraphrased probably) "im not the product of my environment, my environment is a product of me"

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
The spiritual step
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy