Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What job Do You have - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that greed123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I do think about it and I would be lying if I said I don't feel nervous about it but again the same thing with me dying its an accepted outcome of my job its hard to put into words the feeling that I'm being trained to kill people I'll be honest its scary to think about but at the same time exciting. I guess that is one of the things that separates civilians from people in the armed forces it really is undescribable that feeling that you know how to kill.

""I don't know, for now.""
 32yrs • M •
Willingness is a good word to describe it. Yes that is what makes it scary to know that I have that willingness to end a life. Just today we were training in how to clear houses and when an enemy made himself known I pulled the trigger almost on instinct didn't even think about it till now but I was shooting a people all today mind you without live ammo but the feeling is still there.

32yrs • M •
Yes it does trust me infantrymen are the cockyest bunch of pricks you would ever meet. Whed I'm in town and I meet other people who are not in the army I do feel that I am stronger than they are but if you think about it a high degree of confidence is required for this line of work because if you hesitate you die. And that's all it comes down to in the end who kills who first.

32yrs • M •
Yes I do this lesson was driven home to me today in fact. While clearing a house I entered a room to my left was a smaller room the size of a closet or bathroom now I have two choices to make in that second I see the door call it out to my team and wait for backup or clear it myself. Now both reactions are acceptable but I hesitated on my approach to the door and stopped short to call it out but I had exposed enough of myself in the doorway for the enemy to see me I died in that run through because I hesitated and in doing so I may have put my team in danger as well.

32yrs • M •
If I killed a child of course id have a reaction to that. Its one of the main fears in clearing a house. When we clear a room and there are people in it we have to figure out who is a innocent and who is a enemy basically if they are pointing a weapon at you shoot them if not yell hands and whoever is in the room will make the international "don't shoot me sign" palms facing outward arms extended in the air. But mistakes are made sometimes and an innocent may get wounded or killed the battlefield is an unpredictable environment. All we can do is try our best and train till we can make the distinction in a heartbeat. Trust me no one wants to be that guy who shot a kid by accident.

32yrs • M •
A difficult question but a possibly short term before I find out why she rfused to comply I would probably feel fine with killing her thinking that she was an insurgent but later when I find out why she did it I would feel pretty bad about it. And long term I would still feel bad about it but I don't know how bad maybe it's so bad that I leave the army after my enlistment period is up or it's so bad I kill myself or maybe I just get over it that's an answer I don't know I haven't been put in that situation before.

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that re-incarnation is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my job is very similar to superbeast's because i am a professional twat

"once more unto the breach"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deadcitystreets is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what job do you do? well, i am currently unemployed and in psychiatric care for being diagnosed with a mental illness - paranoid schizophrenia. although i am at university studying literature (BA(hons)). just for your knowledge so you don't think i am totally thick, i already have 2 degrees, one a foundation degree in fine art from when i was a teenager and a diploma in literature and creative writing from the open university - DipLCW(open). i guess i want a job, but for the time being i am trying to make it as an author. i have two books published with a mental health publisher chipmunkapublishing.com. they are called 'dead city streets' and guilt, shame and poverty:love, loss, betrayal.' - its a shameless plug i know but hey i got to get myself known if i was to succeed!

"therapy, or more love to give?"
 32yrs • M •
We remove our emotional reactions from the equation so that we can get the job done so like you said orders from above. But the second part of that is we do it to protect ourselves if we entered combat with full emotional investment and something happened we kill an enemy, our buddy gets hit, etc that could brake us in that critical moment that's why its "fight now, morn later" so that these events can get put somewhere safe in our heads. As for creating ruptures in humanity I hate to say it like this but it happens and there is no way to know them all and to fix them all. That why we try to prevent them from happening in the first place that's why we train with innocents in the room so we can get used to that situation and tell who is friend and foe. They do care my superiors are human too not emotionless robots like most like to think I've talked to my commander a hand full of times but I know who he is and he knows who I am. A better why to put it is a my best friend from high school is in the army to but he is an officer and when we go into battle his job is to send good men into harms way knowing they could die my job is to go into harms way knowing that I could die not to say that he doesn't go into battle but its his orders that his soldiers are following while I just do what is told to me. Who has the bigger burden? What I'm trying to say is the army knows that these things can happen and that their approach in prevention not reconciliation. Of couse that still leaves us the regular joe to sit with the weight of our actions on our shoulders but like with dying we enter service knowing that it can happen its one of the things we agreed to shoulder when we joined and that's the truth of it. The system is flawed but let me ask you this what could you propose to make it better? More tech? More training? And what happens when the system is perfected? The only why to avoid these situations is tho avoid war. I'm excited to go to war I am but in the the back of my mind I rather not, I don't want to see what my machine gun can do yo human flesh I don't want to see my buddies get killed in front of me and I don't what to die. But when I'm called to go I will.

32yrs • M •
Sorry for the wait was spending a few nights in the woods. But I came to a decision while out in the field that our view of the subject is ruffly the same if you haven't guessed by now I just joined and haven't deployed yet but I will at the end of the year. So I ask that you keep the site running for two more years and wait till I experience my first deployment before we finish this discussion. I'd like to offer a more informed view of the topic before this discussion is finished. But I do enjoy talking to intelligent people so I'll continue to post anywhere else that interests me.

35yrs • F •
Kphilly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I work as freelance graphic designer, I like what I do, firstly because I enjoy graphic designing specially when I get to show my creativity and secondly I work from home which is pretty cool.

The things I don't like is that it can sometimes become a pain I mean their is a lot of boring stuff that you have to do.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greed,

One, what's with the name? Greed?

Im curious as to your beliefs about the validity of the wars your excited to join. Kind of a political question.

Do you feel you are defending the constitution like you gave an oath to by fighting in any current known conflict?

Would you refuse your orders if you learned they were illegal and endangering your country and constitution?

Would you shoot the president to defend the constitution like you are supposed to, defending from domestic threats, if you found out he was harming the constitution, by like say, taking rights away without amending the constitution, starting illegal wars and not even getting congressional permission as required, etc?

Have you put much thought into your choice to be a soldier? I know I thought I was doing a good thing when I joined the navy, but the military is meant to defend us, not invade and oppress others for for our national interests. Do you dissagree?

Do you realize that you will likely get the honor of personally murdering innocent peopl trying to defend themselves from an illegal and immoral invasion designed to rape soveriegn nations of their resources and independence?

I wish I had known more before joining, if only to properly investigate more from the inside. I was even in navy intellegince with a top secret security clearance but the system is so compartmentalized that learning anything is extremely difficult.

Im not bashing you with these pointed questions, but as a vet and a patriot and passionately concerned citizen I find them imparitive to ask.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
What job Do You have - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy