Why drive a mile when you can jog a Mile? Because jogging is a pain in the ass. -
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Your Veiw on Society

User Thread
 31yrs • F •
chrissylette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your Veiw on Society
I would like to hear your veiws on society. Everything you say goes. But please rant, yell, humbly admit, and just type what you feel.

"Life is all about moments, so make the best of each one."
 31yrs • F •
chrissylette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Random Rantings That Actually Make Sense, and are Somewhat Valuable To People Who Need Some Type of Help of Understanding Why We Live In Such A Shitty World.

Why can't people just understand that not everyone is the same. Everyone acts and perceives differently, so why do we expect the same? My mother keeps comparing me to her. Why can't she just get that I will NEVER be like she was (when she was a tenager). I am a "bad seed" so get over it. And what the hell is the assumption that everyone has to believe in one thing? Like when slavery was first "created", everyone had to own a slave or 2-hundred. I don't get that. Apperantly everyone has to be against all forms of homosexuality. I was like w.t.f. I am bisexual, and I hate being called called a clit-licker, dyke, and lesbian. I am only one of those and it is the first.
And school drama. Don't even get me started on that shit. What is "normal gossiping"? It doesn't exsist, really it's a myth, there is no sacred amount of gossiping. You know what I think of thi subject? I think it's a line of BULLSHIT! Yeah you read me correctly. My beliefs is that people who gossip about other people constantly have nothing better to do with their lives, and that they are insecure about something or are ashamed that they are classified as exactly what they are yakking over. Some people just can't get over themselves that's why they "good-gossip" about themselves so that they get more attention, and believe me most gossip that's spread is "negative gossip"
Crickey, parents. Why can't you just stop worrying for oh lets see a DAY. How much damage could a teenager do in one day? Every teen out there is always paranoid they are gonna get caought, half the shit you think we could do, most of us are WAY TOO CHICKEN TO DO! Like oh lets use burning down a building, it takes huge ass gonads to pull that shit off. You have to be samrt, cocky, and on fucking CRACK to do that. What you think it's easy for your teenage son/daughter to go off and have sex with his/her boyfriend/girlfriend? Ha that's a knee-slapper. It takes alot of patience, and energy and LUCK to get that done. You basically get ONE chance in every blue moon, and 98% of the time it doesn't work out as planned, or even at all.
Yeah trust me, recently I would know.
What is up with old people? I mean seriously if you need help crossing the street STAY HOME! Why can't you drive like normal people? Just because your brain is slowing down doesn't mean everything else around you is. Do you think just MAYBE you could STOP holding up traffic. Some of us actually have places we have to be in time. Why the fuck do you guys drool and forget shit. Just stay home, and leave us folks alone. We see enough clinical rejects/retards, we really don't need anymore lurkers.
Siblings. What a dumb ass name for your bro's and sisters. You know what I personally hate? I hate that they think you want to be woken up at the crack of dawn for any reason. Yeah I love my bed, I love to sleep until noon, so why wake me up at 8-10AM. Do you really think I want breakfast that early? Hearing you fight over the remote? Yelling because someone left their shoes on the step and you tripped over it? NO! I want to sleep. So go away. Is it seriously illegal to tie them up to them beds and tape their mouth shut and plug up their ears? Why the hell is that shit illegal? It should be illegal to wake up your siblings, am I right?

Well That's All For Now, But I'm Sure If You Actually Read This Whole Thing You Will be Wondering Then I'm Going to Post Some More of My Rantings and Cracks on Humanity.
*<3Christina Power<3*

"Life is all about moments, so make the best of each one."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Society is made up of a bunch of superficial and ignorant pricks. That prey on the weak for self gratification.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As a whole, I don't like society. Stupid, ignorant, controlled zombies.

the few that are exempt from this are the few free thinkers out there who reason their way into a decision or a thought.

I hate how stereotypical guys are. I hate how stereotypical girls are. I hate how stereotypical people in general are.

Why can't we have a society without ill-will or negativity. I can't count how many times I've actually thought about living on a deserted island just to get away from all these people.

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have no body living at all, than having these low lives roaming the earth.

All I want is a world that loves each other. But at this rate, I may not live to see that day.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • F •
BlackOpal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I hate and love society.
I understand how it is create and how it is almost necessary. We strive towards a goal (as foolish as that goal may be) to distract ourself and give ourself purpose. We can't just philosophize and life all of the time so we create consumerism.
We create the idea that you have to be one way to be accepted so that people can strive to be that way.
And I think that it is silly and stupid, but I also think that it is human.
Our society improves slowly. It's better than any other societies in the past, or so I see it.

I also find that people are free thinkers, just in different ways. Everyone ventures out from their beliefs occasionally.
From my (short) personal experience I've noticed two general categories of people. (I hate to categorize people, and it's not black and white, but for the sake of my point it's just temporarily easier).
First there's the people who follow society and have set beliefs. They can only see society and live for society. Their the people with excessive dogmas or religions.
They free think in the way that occasionally they reach out and understand life outside of their society and their dogma.

Then there are the people who don't believe in society, material or otherwise. The flaw in this is that a lot of them (us, I guess, this forum seems to be about this general sort of people) look down on the people of society.
If we lived in a different way it once again becomes a society with rules. The simpler people who don't want to think, who want an easier goal to reach for, would then get scorned instead of the "free thinkers" of today.
I don't think that there's anything wrong with liking material society psychologically. There's some effects to the environment and other countries, but I'm on a computer so I can't really put myself above that.
Maybe it's easier, but it's the way that some people are. It might be wrong to scorn the people who don't like society, but once you accept them society breaks down.

It sounds good to me, but I don't think that's how humans work.

If anybody could just be anybody that they want (that doesn't involve harming others) and get accepted then that would be ideal.
That would almost be impossible.

I think that society is stupid and shallow. I think that all humans have a side that is a little bit stupid and a little bit shallow.
Society gives us perils that are simple and easy to work out. We get the feeling of gratification that keeps us happy without really having to feel pain.

I think that Huxley implies the right kind of feeling about our society in Brave New World. When comparing his world to ours we see the flaws of our world and the attributes.

I don't think that post made sense at all.

"People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or anyway better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. (Gregory Maguire)"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Basically:

You are a unit fo your society
You ask questions
The society you are in you get to understand
You get bored of the society you're in
You venture to other societies
You realise that people are generally the same everywhere (no po point trying to tell this to people in any category below this one)
You escape society
Self awareness

All these states of being you can correspond to people you know- anyway see for yourself.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
Your Veiw on Society
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy