White thread from the west... yellow thread from the east...black thread from the south... and brown thread from the south-east...all together can make the most wonderfull design ever seen. - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Constant Truth

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Constant Truth
I don't belevie that any of us can wright anything down here, and have it be presented as a final truth in our society. Shure we could write that "murder" is wrong. And we would mostly agree. But no outstanding philosphy on theology, metaphyics, or psychology can be created that will last as a final truth for ever. No man can achieve this.
Even the great philosophers of east and west, who have written many "outstanding" truths, hold no final truths in their works. Non of us can fully obtain enlightement while we live. For non of us can think like a god. Not even the wisest of men.
Yet here we come every day looking for constant truth, or reaffirmation of what we have allready, or to tell others of what we think is a constant truth. A long way of saying that the only thing we can know for certain in nothing at all.
At the start of my philosophical career this knowledge didn't really bother me. But after a few years it has taken almost all my desire, for that rapture that I feel when I learn something new, and "philosphically" profound. What if anything can be done with the philospher who no longer wants to philosophize

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we possess the degree of potential the great philosophers had believed us to, we can most certainly obtain the 'knowledge of God'.

Whether we can believe we ARE able to possess said knowledge, will determine our path for ultimate truth.

If I may ask in a humble way, are you afraid to believe you have such power?

Because, if I can be honest, I kinda am...

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my mind the power is irrelevant. That isn't to say that I certaintly wonder if I can handle the power that does come with it. But I should have to assume that one can not acheive such power if one can not handle it. What I was trying to express, is my recent thoughts that philosophy is a good thing, but it must be dealt with lightly. To much is bad. We are to live rather than wonder why we live. And it is the liveing that is far more important than the wondering. I think it important that we go through such times where we wonder, but in the end it seems to me that we must give it up. We must stop questioning and just live.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conway - I think your second statement is well said...

Your original thread is curious... why would you look for consistancy in a reality dominated by inconsistancy and change...? In searching this "imperfect-dominated" reality, You are most likely to find the flawed not the perfect... so in setting out for the perfect thing the one searching is against all odds...

But as I said your second comment was clearer... seemed you were more at peace with the terms that the reality exists in...

And by the way what I said about searching imperfect reality... that will stand the test of time...

Peace

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that HissyFit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think I understand what you're trying to express... the futility of trying to "figure it all out" while still in the midst of the chaos.

But I believe there is a constant truth that exists. It's not expressible in words, it's not present here in this seeming existence.... it's what seems to be hidden by this seeming existence. The more one questions and detaches from beliefs here, the clearer the view of constant truth becomes.

Perhaps you are simply taking a step along that path.... letting go of your belief in the value of philosophizing.

49yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ill_llI is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have reached Enlightenment in my life time. I have surpassed Buddha. I don't say this out of arrogance, I say this out of fact so that you can continue to aspire for it because it is possible to reach Enlightenment. I am in the process of writing an e-book explaining how to reach Enlightenment. It is not only possible to reach it but to surpass it like I have!

What is the constant truth?

The only constant truth is change.

"The birds have their nests in the trees and the foxes have their holes in the ground, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest His head."
 60yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that absolutely is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
constant truth is truth of constancy
then change is an opposition to truth
u can change as much as u want u will prove more that u have nothing to do with truth

truth is what is always the same

Constant Truth
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy