Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Jesus of Nazareth = Horus an Egyptian God

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have recently discovered that the story of Horus, an Egyptian God is the same as the story of Jesus of Nazareth. The story has simply been retold in different coulters around the world and the latest was Jesus. Meaning that this is not a true story of a single person but rather a story that contains truths that have lasted the time. The names have changed but the truth remains.

For Christmas someone has bought me a book about the Egyptian religion, one religion I have not yet studied. If I learn something other than this I will let you know.

Years ago a friend had told me I should study the Egyptian religion but never explained why and I've put it off, but now with this new discovery, I cannot put it off any longer.

If anyone else has come to this same discovery I'd appreciate your comment on it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here is a decent film which delves somewhat into the matter of which you speak:

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/73791/zeitgeist.htm#73791

It seems this information may finally be reaching people. Zeitgeist has been blocked and deleted from all sorts of websites in the past.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, I bought the movie, it's only 5 plus shipping and that's how I found out about it.

somebody else told me about it, said it had all the answers, well it doesn't, but boy I sure did learn alot.

That was very interesting. Thanks.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I read this book about the book of the dead and it was fascinating especially the negative commandments and Atum being the god of creation - anyway the whole thing fascinates me.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like the idea that Jesus, as many other prophets, inlcuding and peehaps originating?, with Horas is a fictional character representing the phases of the sun, earth, and heavens (space). And that the next prophet is due in 2150. Or rather, we move into the sign of aquarius.

I do have a few problems. For example, Jesus' real birthday isn't meant to be at Christmas, but in September (I think) - the 25th was apparently an error (and happens to be close to 22nd December). Also just by reading it you kind of have a sense that this happened because othe lifeness of it - but then there isn't so much historical account of Jesus by others - although some. That's probably my next line of questions on this topic when I get the chance.

The fact that worship of a sun or heavens is not unique - pagans have done this for years. In fact, religion is the kind of mapping of nature itself to me - the love of life. Therefore this comes really as no suprise when you think about it. That opens up a whole more netural feeling - which is freed from subversion.

btw - thanks for the links okcitykid and Wyote.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 47yrs • M •
illuminatus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To learn more about the connection of Jesus to Horus go to www.zeitgeist.com and watch the video.

"Virtus junxit mors non separabit"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy