Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is anyone here... - Page 3

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
Knyghtmayre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm very vaguely agnostic with a hint of atheism.

If that's even possible.

(Btw I'm new to this site, hoping to just find out what the general populus thinks about things I'm interested in but too personal to say to anyone I know.)

"If you're gonna believe in angels, you might as well believe in goblins. Yet here I don't see anyone worshipping goblins."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hah, yeah =)
i luv to hear differant opinions of religion
There are ups and downs to many
Religion may bring hope, values, and even morals into lives
But it may bring apon arguement, fights, wars, deaths, ect
I guess i've started to learn to dislike christianity is because now in days there are the jahova witnesses n crap like that
they try to spead their religions
think all others are wrong
quite close minded
judgamentle
and think they're always right
"Though shall not judge"
"Though shall not kill"
and the bible says nothing about gays er whatever so why must christians twist around the religion and be so spiteful?

"I am contradiction"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not Christian I actually don't have a specific religion right now I kind of on a quest to find my self and my faith.I'm having never really liked organized religion I don't think that is true faith. I just been witnessing religion becoming a chore or like a social thing (young life).

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 32yrs • F •
BlackOpal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm not Christian. I'm new though, so I didn't contribute to the Christian posts.
I think that Nihilism makes some sense.
I'm probably agnostic.
If I had to pick something, I'd label myself as a Six Blind Men and the Elephant kind of girl.
I just think that poem describes religion to a tee.
In case somebody hasn't read it:
http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1/?letter=B&spag
e=3

"People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or anyway better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. (Gregory Maguire)"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a Non-Abrahamic Theist, yes.
A Celt to be precise.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Manegorus is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I actually detest labels, but if I must wear one, "agnostic" would be the best fit.

her

I just rejected the idea of any Religion, now im reading and learning, observing, and so im still trying to work out if there is a God or not. I think im inclining to atheism. Yeah i am. I come from an ******** backround. haha.

Before the question of whether there is a "God" can be answered, I think one must first ask what is "God."

"Cogito, ergo doleo."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Apparently I'm the only Christian here! lol. I'm Roman Catholic.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So does our religion determine our mindsets? tsk tsk the bible you read is not something you look up to it's something you look into.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that in a sense it influences our mindset, but it doesn't really determine our mindset. And what is this "tsk tsk" about, if it is even aimed in my direction.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
tsk tsk wasn't aimed towards you... why would it be? i said it cause sometimes answers are right in front of your nose yet we burn our eyes by looking into the sun...That needs a" tsk tsk"

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 33yrs • M •
brooky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe in any relegion, as they give you limits in life.

As for the what is god thing, god is nothing, as it/he is not real, just a thought made up to give a reason for us being here. So, there is no god.

"Controls are limits, so LOSE CONTROL!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gazbollokface is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm more into the idea of Valhalla myself. It just seems so perfectly laid out for me, Feast, Drink, Fight and finally... F***!!!!

I just love the Nordic way!

But in another aspect, I also beleive that the Afterlife is just one big dream. A dream that reflects itself on whatever you make it out to be.

Therefore; If you beleive in Heaven or Hell strongly, then that is where you may be destined for in the next life!

Meditate on THAT badboy!

"People like me hate people like you!"
 35yrs • F •
hesychastgirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm an Orthodox Christian.

"indeed"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am christian, muslim bhudist athiest etc.

bla bla bla blaaa

it is nearly impossible to tell wich religion is the best way to ascension into heaven or enlightenment or whatever.
in our culture with librarys and the internet and whatnot we have a unique opportunity to study many philosophys of not only our own culture but others as well. take it from me there is much wisdom to be had all over the globe from religion science and philosophy.

its best not to limit your intillectual and spiritual horizions

"i have nothing original to say."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Strongclad is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it is nearly impossible to tell wich religion is the best way to ascension into heaven or enlightenment or whatever.

and then...

quote:
its best not to limit your intillectual and spiritual horizions

?...

Just a few questions, but, if it's "nearly impossible" to find the religious truth that you speak of, then why is it best not to limit our spiritual horizons? If knowledge of religious truth claims is nearly impossible, why even be open to the possibility of religious truth? What you say about not limiting yourself to spiritual horizons would open religious truth claims to being "nearly possible", wouldn't it? I don't think there's any such thing as "nearly" impossible/possible because it always reverts back to being merely possible or impossible.

I'm a Christian

"All statements are false. The last statement is false.--One of these statements is true."
Is anyone here... - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy