The empty space between us is a canvas of uncertainty and each kiss paints the portait of love. - Candace Abreu
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Has religion done more harm then good?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
Woe is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well iv heard this come up a lot. Wether over time religion has caused more problems then anything else. whats ur views?

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole wordl blind - Ghandi"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/75930/bad-things-by-christians.htm[/u
rl
]

It does come up a lot. The answer to my mind is a bit like saying do people do more harm than good? Because it is people that follow religions and people that don't follow religiions if you see what I'm saying.

I don't think it is religions as such that do the harm, it is the people. It's as simple as that. Some people do good some people do harm whatever their religion may happen to be.

Religion is just a tool, a crutch, something to hang your philosophical and moral hat on so to speak. If the person following a particular religion gets all the positive life enhancing moral lessons that can be had and lead good lives, then generally I would say they are going to do good not harm, but if they get the wrong message or become negative in their thinking because of the religion they are following and end up hating everyone who isn't like them then yes, they are going to do a lot of harm.

Good intentions in this world have led a lot of people astray in my opinion.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
I don't know why that's all come up underlined, sorry about that don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you've made it all a link to the "bad things by christians" page lol.

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 51yrs • F •
oh well!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy