What is it really that motivates you? The need to fly or the fear to stop? - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

In response to abortion thread

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The development of an unborn baby...
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with your point that abortion is wrong but I don't think it's completly wrong. What if a thirteen year old girl got raped in an alley and fell pregnant after loosing her virginity to him painfully.
If that was your daughter, would you let them keep the baby? Sacrifice missing school and being able for her to build her own life first because you don't believe abortion is right?

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No I wouldn't!

I am certainly not the sort of person that says it is wrong in all circumstances. A very young girl who is raped should have an abortion. If they are raped and have gone to the police straight away a pregnancy can be stopped with a morning after pill and if if it is caught early on that's fine, but certainly in any case if the female body is able to cope with a pregnancy there is very few circumstances I would say the pregnancy shouldn't go ahead.

My sister got pregnant at 14 and she went ahead with it. She slept around and she had to deal with the consequences. Because she was so young the baby was born but didn't survive past a few days. But who were we to say that child shouldn't have a chance at life? She may have been a great scientist or something.

Life is life and it is a miracle. My mum could have aborted me, because she thought she was going through the menapause and had finished having babies, it wasn't the right time for her - but how many people get pregnant by accident and say it isn't the right time for them? Is there ever a right time? Even married women who aren't ready to have a baby have abortions because it's not the right time for them - countless young teenagers get pregnant and it isn't the right time for them. (Aside from a violent act of rape I would say any woman (including young teenage girls) who is capable of becoming pregnant is capable of bearing that child to full term. If they then choose to give it up for adoption well all well and good, thousands of people live in adopted families (my husband for one and his parents were lovely).

A life should be given the chance of life.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. If you can have it then have it, you could still give it up to adoption.

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy