In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer - rudra_tatvamasi
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dark matter

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dark matter
I would be interested to read what peoples' views are on this subject. What is dark matter? What does it mean in terms of the formation of the universe? Anything really that people want to throw into the pot.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071001112906.htm
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This film seems to question the scientific authority on how the universe was formed by the big bang because of the strange effects of dark matter and dark energy and the contradictions that this implies as to the accepted view of the big bang.

Anyway see what you think.

this is also another useful link to the science of dark matter if you have the ability to read such stuff to the end without falling asleep! http://www.eclipse.net/~cmmiller/DM/
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You ought to look up the "Institute of Physics" and also read October (I think) 2007 newscientist magasine.

"Shengising Nugget"
 34yrs • F •
madnessinside is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think that it is every thing that you want it to be or not why do you ask if you already know the anwser to that qustion????[u]

"live every day like it is your last"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting link http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071001112906.htm
quote:
Just like stars get together in galaxies, the galaxies get together in clusters of galaxies of up to several thousand galaxies. The astrophysicist Signe Riemer-Sørensen, PhD student at the Niels Bohr Institute, has analysed two clusters of galaxies that collide.
quote:
Observations indicate that the dark matter can be a new and still undetected type of particle. Among the suggestions for the dark matter, are particles that when they decay they emit x-ray. One is the so called axions that are particles which is explained in theories with extra dimensions.
page linked to:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071002100235.htm
quote:
Baer explained that dark matter is believed to exist in the form of tiny particles that do not interact with light. Because they don't emit or reflect electromagnetic radiation the way atomic, or baryonic, matter does, these dark matter particles haven't been directly observed. However, scientists have long theorized their existence based on their gravitational effects on visible matter throughout the universe.
Looking at the first clip, I had to ask myself 'How do they know these events don't represent the effects of the alignment of the center of rotation of the system(s) being as they stated then we are in effect seeing an end view parallel to the axis of rotation. Therefore we would expect higher gravitation flux or field density correspondingly?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It doesn't exist there is no evidence it exists i think it is only space-time that acts in weird ways and i say this because darkmatter which they talk about only exist in enviroments where gravity is, so i think it is only space-time which is like matter which when compressed by gravity becomes more dense and itself becoming a mass that has its gravity, and i think that matter is only a extremely compressed sort of space-time which gravity in relation to density is enough to keep itself together. and places where there is low or zero gravity in between super clusters the space-time density is to low to keep is self together. take water as a comparison, when the pressure drops it goes into steam so the same applies to space-time, when gravity drops it is like a drop in pressure and it expand and the faster it expands the less dense it becomes so it expands more and more pushing places more open in between galaxies. in physics they have always neglected that space-time might be able to compress and expand.

please respond to this and tell me what you think because i have challenged relativity for a long time because i think it is inconsistent. I mean take the way they say gravity works, they say that a object bends space-time like a heavy ball bends a flat piece of rubber over a frame which causes all other objects to fall to it but in space there is no gravity to pull down the ball to make the curve in the space-time so it can't work in space!!!

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
Dark matter
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy