Never argue with an idiot - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - I R Me
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Samsung TV NIGHTMARE!

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Samsung TV NIGHTMARE!
Last august I purchased a 27 inch SlimFit HD Samsung TV from best buy, which was hooked up to my external speaker system via the AV Out on the back of the TV. I used the AV out (listening to suround sound) on both AV1 and AV2, as well as Component 1 and Component 2, and HDMI 1 and 2 inputs. The TV's left side's speaker started to go out, so I would turn down the volume on the TV and just listen to the suround sound. After a few months, the AV Out stopped sending signal to my external speakers! I called Samsung, who sent a tech guy and he swapped the whole internal board and called it a day. I checked and the AV Out was working when I was on AV1 or AV2, but not in the others! Called Samsung, and after getting the run around with 4 different agents, they finally came up with the answer that the new part in my TV was manufactured differently than the original based on new laws protecting digital audio theft! Now I cannot use my tv like I did when I got it! WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That would be a good idea, except at best buy they often check the serial numbers to match.

I havent tried taking it back to Best Buy, but I would think their hands are tied since its almost been a year since I purchased the TV.

It seems like such bull crap that I cannot have my TV fixed correctly like it was when I purchased it. And to top it off, no one told me at all that the new piece wouldnt function like the original I purchased.

"down to smoke a bowl?"
Samsung TV NIGHTMARE!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy