Learn as much as you can, at whatever cost, then give it away for free and ask for nothing in return. - untruth
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

ZEITGEIST

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ZEITGEIST

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ironwood, thank you for posting this film, it is by far the best of them all. And indeed I wonder for how much longer we will all be able to witness this kind of truth on the Internet…

And so even if it takes you a whole day to download and watch, then do so. For previous generations of humanity did not have the opportunity to do so before wars were launched by their own blood and money. Even if you choose not to believe, you owe it to yourself and this world to pay attention before you decide.
How will you feel in the future, knowing that you didn't even bother when the opportunity to find out for yourself was freely offered ?

Interesting to note that on page 172 of the 911 Commission Report, it is stated that the source of the funding for the 911 attacks “..is of little significance”, and has therefore not been fully investigated.
This is reminiscent of a statement made by Chomsky regarding allegations of US Government involvement on 911:

quote:
.. I mean, even if it were true, (which is extremely unlikely) â€' who cares, it doesn't have any significance.

We may not have very much longer to learn the truth behind such events as revealed in Zeitgeist, or even to decide for ourselves what we believe the truth to be. But a pox on ALL the intelligentsia who sell out on humanity by taking a stand in support of deception. And for this, may all the fleas of Arabia infest the groin and armpits of Noam Chomsky!

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Opening The Star-Gate
(after reading 'Signs in the sky' by Adrian Gilbert)

As above, so below,
The signs are there for all to know,
Unlock the gate with the key of time,
Over Saturn's threshold lies your way and mine.

Orion's clue to the soul's heavenly journey
is encoded in myths of Man's ancient memory.
And so from Khufu to Peter's reign,
the new custodian of the secret of the same...

Jesus knew the message he should teach,
A new age, another chance for heaven the soul to reach.
But the son of Man is not all he seems,
He is the first and last, the alpha and omega,
so what for mankind could this possibly mean?

At the beginning of the age of the Dawn of Adam
from the east the lion reared his royal head.
At the end of the age, the guardian of time
now comes forth in the lion's stead.

To complete the cycle of Orion's reign,
we must heed the signs in that heavenly chain
and watch for the opening of that symbolic gate
and the Earth shattering changes it may create.

Now is the ending but also the start
of a new chain of time and a new change of heart,
we must now unlock that magical door,
hope is the key but only time can be sure

that we may learn from all our mistakes,
Time is the journey the soul must make.

Sorceress.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 68yrs • F •
Sorceress, are you saying you believe in heaven (As above, so below) - as the fictional abode in the sky for the faithful, as portrayed by religions? And which are the signs you refer to? ..the natural beauty of the Universe?, love?, the awe of science for example?

Do you therefore refer to something like Pantheism: Pantheism (Greek: πάν ( 'pan' ) = all and θεός ( 'theos' ) = God) literally means "God is All" and "All is God". It is the view that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God; or that the universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.

Or does your poem refer to the Christian religion?

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would be interested how other people see the meaning in this poem based on different knowledge bases and religions connotations.

I saw a link between the first part of the above video and the book that this poem is dedicated to, therefore I am purposefully not going to answer that question yet if you don't mind Chiron.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 68yrs • F •
Zeitgeist very adeptly explains the means of mass manipulation either via Religion, the Media, and finally Finance. We can already see how these have enslaved society as a whole.

The movie starts with a neat tour of the astrological/mythological origins of Religious belief, but its ending contains a disturbing paradox of sorts.

Namely: if religion is indeed a fabricated myth based upon astrological mythology, how then should we understand those extravagant biblical predictions of ‘end times' (in Revelations â€' but don't ask me to be specific, I am not a Bible-reader) where the masses will become enslaved under one world-ruler, and the people will be marked with the Devils number (micro-chipped?).

There is an uncomfortable coincidence between such improbable prophecies and the plan for a New World Order, where people become enslaved and allow themselves to be micro-chipped.

Any insights?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's already here. I've spoken and argued with numerous people who can't wait to have a micro-chip of their own.

Fantastic film btw. Very powerful right from the get go.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 68yrs • F •
quote:
Fantastic film btw. Very powerful right from the get go.

Agreed. And I realize that its already here, the movie also says so.
So are the plans for a New World Order…

But don't you find the ‘predictions' of such things in the Bible/Revelations a bit odd.
Especially seeing as one should accept that the bible is a fabrication of myths?

68yrs • F •
These are some possibilities that come to mind:

1. As you think, so shall it be. Generations of religious belief are finally manifesting into material reality. Therefore the bible actually contains no more prophecy than does any mantra believed and repeated often enough until it eventually manifests as reality.

2. There is some truth (and evidence of an omniscient God) contained in all religious doctrines. God may in fact actually be no more than the energy of Light itself. Hence the worship of the Sun as well as the anthropomorphizing narratives that we find in all religions, which have Sun/Light/Truth-worship as key. These could be exploited (and skewed, hence the ludicrous nature of religious narratives) by powers of Darkness/Evil/Deception).

3. Micro chipping and plans for a New World Order, and the biblical prophecy of ‘end times' have no connection and are a random coincidence.

I am going with no.1 as the most probable likelihood.
I don't know if no.2 is in any way feasible, but I rule out no.3, as I don't believe in random coincidence.

But what do you think?

40yrs • M •
The bible is incredibly long winded and vague, and purposefully so. Anything you read in there can be correlated to any number of events.

1. Finally? No. People have been shouting end times and apocalypse gibberish since... well, forever. There have always been and always will be similarities between bible passages and real world events.

2. Plausible. Exploited? Definitely. Do you think god is just a light bulb? I don't and I don't think many others do either.

3. Totally connected. It's probably being played up like this on purpose so that paranoia spreads. Then the "crazies" seem crazier and the sheep do as they're told. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and we all continue just as we have for thousands of years, slaves to our own stupidity.

68yrs • F •
quote:
Do you think god is just a light bulb?

Mmmm, you raise an interesting rhetorical question.
Although one could neither say that electricity, or light itself for that matter, was just a light bulb.

So what is light itself? Is it anything more than energy? And are we ourselves, and everything in this world anything more than a physical manifestation of energy?

quote:
The bible is incredibly long winded and vague, and purposefully so. Anything you read in there can be correlated to any number of events.

Good point imo.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
Zeitgeist: Addendum

41yrs • M •
reggaeuplifts is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
this movie is amazing. have you guys seen the new one? it's in their website. It's even crazier

40yrs • M •
*face-palm*

Look at my last post.

ZEITGEIST
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy