The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along. - Locut0s
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Twisted Fairy Tales

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Twisted Fairy Tales
PLEASE READ PRETTY PLEASE

any suggestion will help

its for my drama exam and it has to be original

Noodles

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
[  Edited by xloobyloox at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • F
otay well thank you for that cynic-al

but now im stuck...this is what i've done so far for my play ok...

Opening Monolog

spotlight on narrator who is downstage right

Narrator: Once apon a time, in a far far away place called Twisted, there lived a few people who went about their lives like normal people would (pause) all exept one couple. This couple were of the peculiar type.

light fades and a red light starts to flicker

when the narrator is speaking this part the red light flickers to show what looks like the couple killing someone or something. while the narrator speaks offstage the light stops flickering and the couple walk forward to the edge of the stage with blood down their shirts and they both smile evily until the light fades

Narrator: Just these two people, on one not so sunny day in June, never seemed the same again.

lights out spot light back on narrator

Narrator: Well to everyone they may seem like your typical everyday couple (pause)

spotlight on the couple centre stage

the couple are now sitting centre stage on two chairs looking still and emotionless.

Narrator: But no one really knows what goes on (pause and light starts to fade) behind closed doors.

dim light almost out and narrator walks across the stage

Narrator: Would you like to find out?

lights out and end of scene

Thats the first scene for most definate.... ill post the other scene that i might use in a sec.. the other scene is just an idea

thanks for reading

Noodles

32yrs • F
Scene: Not so sunny day in June

the couple are goig on a boating trip down the river

lights fade in and the radio starts to play

Girl: Well it's that time of the year again! (putting on her jacket) we have to go on our yearly boat trip (pause and looks out the window) although it looks pretty bad out there.

Boy: (looking at the calender) Ah! yes June 12th again and so soon.

girl twiddles her fingers

Boy: (walking over to his wife) Oh come on we'll be ok! (nudging her) when do you ever get a bad day in the middle of June??

the girl smiles and picks up her bag

Girl: (cheerfully) Oh ok then common lets go.(turns off the radio and walks out)

the witch enters and cackles and with a smokebomb, disappears

(there will be a mention of her later on in the play its to keep he audiences confused why she turned up)

lights out

offstage there is a sound of the couple laughing and then a thunder sound and screaming

Girl: (shouting) WHATS HAPPENING!! WATCH OUT!

a sound of a splash like someone fell into the water and shorty after comes a scream and another splash.

spotlight on narrator

Narrator: the couple had fallen overboard and what they thought was the next day, wasn't. He wakes up and looks confusingly at the calender.

narrator off and the lights up to the couple sleeping onstage

Boy: w...w...what happened?? (looks over at the calender) WHAT? this, it's, it must be wrong? December 12th?? it was June yesterday!

girl wakes up from hearing her startled husband

Girl: What's going on?

the narrator comes back onstage as the couple mime in the background

Narrator: he tried to explain to her still trying to make sense of it himself. he walks over to the front door to the pile of mail opening letter after letter from concerned freinds and family.

back to the couple

Boy: (reading a letter) Dear lovely's. It's mum, we haven't seen you in a few weeks and you didn't come to my party, ring me if you can. Love Mum

girl walks over and picks up a letter and starts to read

Girl: Dear tennents, we received you rent from a strange woman who said that she knew you but we need confrimation of this.....this is from our bank....dated...November 27th....but its June??

Boy: What have we been (coughs) excuse me, what have (coughs again) oh, i don't feel (starts to breathe heavy) i dont...feel...

Girl: What (coughing) what are you do- (coughs again) oh my head

the couple start to breath heavy and they both faint on the floor

black out

the next scene, the two wake up chained up in what seems to be a dungon and the witch is standing there waiting for them to wake. When the do they are terrified of whats happening

the witch: (shouts) good! now you wont hurt those people anymore

idk... i havent got that far...ill think of sometihng like i said its an idea lol so i might not even use it...

thanks for reading again

32yrs • F
COMMON GUYS PLEASE READ!!

36yrs • M •
are there very many common guys on this site? i thought most of us classed as fairly strange.

hows the writing going, got much further with it?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • F
oh ha ha arent you the funny one lol

its going ok as i told you earlier... its that im not really inspired right now.... thanks for the feedback though

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you want to go the evil way or the hero always wins good story?Love the story so far.what happens next?
Is this a real filmed show thing? Or did you come up with this?
Cause its great!

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 32yrs • F
lol its mine lol thanks and im stuck right now so idk where its going lol

32yrs • F
well good thing is my drama teacher loved the opening scene he said it was a really powerful start so im happy...ish lol

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Make it so maybe they killed someone from the past who was travelling in time and it is what caused them to lose 6 months.

And the witch wants to stop them because she saw them in her crystal ball screwing up her evil plans by messing with time.

Perhaps use the witch belief: everything you do, comes back on you threefold. They kill one person in the past it affected 3 people in the future. (The witch and the young couple.)

She sends them back in time to the start of the year to put things right and they have to stop themselves from killing that person. If they dont they are back in her dungeon- and this time they wont be leaving.

Sorry. Just an idea off the top of my head. It isn't that brilliant but you can work on it if you like. I like what youve done so far.

Good luck.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 32yrs • F
thanks for your ideas ive done the next bit.. ill just type it up now i think its cool

so um just to fill everyone in, at the end of the opening monolog a monster comes along and the couple dissapear behind it offstage. ( this is the monster mentioned in the 'not so sunny day in june' scene.... so this is where this scene joins in

"Monster" Revealed

narrator comes onstage and stands center stage holding a fairytale boo in her hand

Narrator:Whats up with these fairytales? (addessing the audience and holding up the book) everyone living (using hand quotations) "happily ever after". Why are the fairies always helping poor little Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty? Why doesn't the bad guy win? (turns her back to the audience and sighs and shakes her head and then turns back round and looks at the audience) I don't know why I did it, I wasn't born for that, but I was so sick of people asking me for things, sick of making other people happy when i was just (pauses and sighs) miserable. I had to show people that I didn't want to do what I was doing anymore, I wanted to use my power (elevates voice) Yes! All my power to bring (starts to remove cloak) evil. I was no longer the world famous Fairy Godmother, but The Evil, (takes one arm out of cloak) Fairy (takes other arm out to reveal wand) Twisted (raises wand and cloak drops then lights out and then a red light fades in and the Fairy Twisted is putting the cloak back on)

Now, I told you when we first began 'no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors' amd I asked you if you would like to find out. Sme of you were eager to find out, but for those who thought they knew everything (starts to put on mask and walks forward fast) You don't (the narrator puts on the mask and pulls the hood of the coat up to reveal the audience that she is infact, the monster)

32yrs • F
please!!! lol

36yrs • M •
I like the ending, but i think you should do it the other way round, the monster should come on and remove the mask to reveal the narrator.

32yrs • F
thanks but im gonna keep it this way i just really like it this way lol

thanks though

Twisted Fairy Tales
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy