The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was conving the world he didn't exist. - Verbal Kant
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

so where's the girl stuff? - Page 2

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hm...lets think...

Periods and Hormones....you cant talk about that with a guy

Body Awarness....growth...if your worried about a body part

Boyfriend's and Husbands...aka to men: nagging lmao

um...thats my first three ideas lol

Noodles

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How about everything from fashion & friends, Make-up & making out, hormones & health, babies and boob jobs ? lol

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmmm. girls that think you can't talk about those things with boys iritate me no end. Some of the better times I've had have been talking over those sorts of things with female friends who felt comfortable (or at least more comfortable than most) talking to me about those things. lol if you do set up a forum for girls I may feel the need to invade it.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you have a more than slightly strange sense of fun code warrior. I would agree that i'm fine talking to girls about most things (and my gf anything) but i wouldn't say some of the topics are the better discussions i've had though. though the occasionaly girly chat can be amusing, and women's magazine are often hilarious (if ur a guy).

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • F
but guys don't you see...even though you feel comfortable talking to girls..girls like to just talk to other girls because they feel the same things...its not like a guy has a bloody period

41yrs • M •
Lol I'm sorry I just don't see it that way. I don't need to have shared the experiences of my male friends in order to talk to them about them openly or to empathise with them.

Also periods and giving birth are just about the only 2 things guys can't do that girls can.

I find it totally infuriating when female friends clam up about something or avoid a topic 'because it's a girl thing'. In fact I find it rather offensive. If I stopped taking about something as soon as a black guy came in and said 'sorry it's a white thing' most people would think that was a bit racist. Personally I think it's a bit sexiest to do the whole 'girl stuff' thing on a guy.

/Cynic
I generally treat my female friends like guy friends. In fact I'm probably slightly more open with them. it would be nice to get the same in return.

32yrs • F
dont you think maybe girls might be a bit shy to just go up and say to you "my period was so bad yesterday i leaked everywhere do you think i should were thicker tampons?" theres some things you cant say to a boy and its not because they're a boy but its because girls feel embarassed and i talk to my bf first before my mum...like ....i had something wrong with me and he helped me and calmed me down and i made an doctors appointment and so on and i feel much more safe but theres some things that i just talk to my freinds about instead e.g. periods...because you can say to them like "do you ever feel like you get it so bad that you just wanna curl up in a ball and die" but a boy hasnt felt that but i agree with you that girls can talk to guys about problems too...but like...maybe they wanna ask a girl because someones bound to have gone through a simular experience...like...idk... i just think that some girls feel more comfortable...ill talk to a boy or a girl about my problem..whoever i feel will know the answer or help me...

and ....they are avioding the topic saying its a girl thing BECAUSE ITS EMBARASSING!! lol its not like your gonna come home and your team lost in football and you lost a big bet and got proven wrong..your gf asked whats wrong and you say it doesnt matter...its a guy thing ...same thing eh? why cant some guys talk to girls about stuff like football.....you'd rather talk to a guy because they know more about the topic... they know the teams and the rivalry ...theres no point telling a girl about football if they dont know about it right???

idk... i wrote too much ... im confused now lol

i think its more about that a girl knows more then being sexist for not asking a guy

41yrs • M •
Sorry. I still can't agree.

So it's embarrassing to talk to a guy because he's never had a period? What about younger girls (or girls who have delayed puberty, hysterectomy at a young age, etc.) would you feel embarrassed talking to them? Would you be uninterested in her sympathy because she hasn't gone through what you have? If it's about not knowing more what about guys who have taken biology or medicine (maybe even doctors)? aren't they likely to know more about your periods than your female friends?

2ndly I don't like foot ball and i don't bet. I'm not in to most guy stuff. I do talk to female friends about embarrassing things, often more than they are comfortable with. I wish some girls would behave the same.

32yrs • F
well i didnt mean you liked football lol and i see what you said... i guess this could go on but id probably just repeat myself....and i guess.. i just talk to who i feel closest too if a guy talks to me about problems then ill talk to guys about my problems ... i just talk to my bf about my problems and same for him...i trust him the most... more then my friends and my mum because my mum doesnt take intressed and my freinds would just laugh...

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey codewarrior this is kind of late but there are 3 things i know about off the top of my head that girls can do/ have that guys cant.
period
birth
and this wierd thing. If you have an object place in nest to a wall. Stand against the wall, take enough steps backwards so that you can bend down (without beding your legs.) and your head barely touches the wall. Pick up the object using only your arms. Bring the object to your chest. Then try and stand up.
If you do it correctly only the girls will be able to stand up straight. Apparently girls have a muscle in their backs that most guys dont.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 32yrs • F
...oookay then lmao

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its not about that you can't talk to a guy about girly things at all, my husband was at all my children's births and probably more than me with the first because I was in and out of consciousness and I talk to him about my periods or feelings I am having and after all he is my best friend, we've been married for fifteen years this year and together four years before that so we are about as close as we can get; but sometimes its nice to share experiences with other women who have had similar experiences, men and women are different, they do like different things, there are some overlaps but still, if you guys get a guy stuff why shouldn't we get a girl's stuff, simple as!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not to but in but didnt Decius already say that he would make one?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
haha, this whole thing just went in one big circle, lol! I can understand where you ladies are coming from. codewarrior, you can't say that there aren't things that you talk to your guy friends about that you would prefer not to talk to you girl friends about. I know I have some things like that and a gf or bf is completely different. They are someone that you feel you can tell anything to and typically do tell everything to. Decius has already agreed to put up the domain and I think we should let the ladies have their own space because I think they deserve it.

41yrs • M •
I think people have got the wrong idea. Sorceress I'm not saying women shouldn't talk to women about things or even ask for the benefit of their experience. I am saying I don't see any reason why women can't and shouldn't confide in their platonic guy friends in exactly the same way. I think you'll find 'overlaps' are quite arbitrary and I think, if you're honest, you'll have have to admit that on a case by cases basis the overlap of experiences and interests of 2 people varies from nearly none to nearly total irrespective of their relative gender.

I'm not saying the girl stuff forum is a bad thing. I'm just saying I don't see the need for it. I don't see the need for a guy stuff one either. I'm just saying on average I far more frequently talk to girls about what most people call 'girl stuff' than guys about 'guy stuff'. In fact you'll find it hard to find a single stereotyped masculine activity or interest I'm into. I'm just putting you on warning. Now you have a girls stuff forum I'm liable to pop in.

fire-angel. I'm really telling you if anything I tell more to my platonic female friends than my male friends. Bluntly there are more of them and in some ways we are closer and I feel more comfortable around them.

so where's the girl stuff? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy