Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Pain and Pleasure…

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pain and Pleasure…
There are bodily cells for pain (Nocireceptors), but there are no such bodily cells for pleasure.
Sure we have endorphins and other neurotransmitters, but how is it that we feel pleasure?
Is it that we generally feel pleasure in receiving information from other types of receptors (i.e. the receptors for Touch, Pressure, Vibration, Warmth, Cold, Proprioception, Smell, Taste, Vision, Hearing and Equilibrium).
Could it be that a sense of aesthesia is related to them, or is it just a Neurotransmitter, like an Endorphin, activating pleasure in the site of such bodily cells?

(To note, is that, we also have neurotransmitters for pain.)

"There is no negative one..."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really know much about hedonics but I suppose it depends on how you look at pleasure and pain.
I mean I suppose if you think in terms of evolution and the fight or flight response, pain and fear are necessary to recognise dangerous situatiions and deal with them so I can understand why pain receptors as it were would need to be hard wired in. Pleasure on the other hand is more something to do with motivational drives.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why does this make you angry??? lol

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya I would agree with Sorceress, pain is associated to the body making the mind aware of problems, like the fire is hot or that fall broke my ankle and the corresponding reaction of move your hand from the fire or don't try to walk on that ankle. So the brain needs to know the location of these problems for it to respond to the stimulous.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Pain and Pleasure…
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy