Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Best Band. - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow what an impossible question to answer so I am gunna make my own rules like half the people here im gunna name one of my favorite artist and all the songs I love from them.

Modest Mouse

dramamine
breakthrough
talking shit about a pretty sunset

the world at large
bukowski
blame it on the tetons
the good times are killing me

parting of the sensory
missed the boat
little motel
spitting venom

dark center of the universe
perfect disguise
the stars are projectors
paper thin walls (my cigarette song)
lives

cowboy dan
trailer trash
polar opposites
bankrupt on selling
doin' the cockroach

really good stuff favorite album is def long drive and I started listening to them at a difficult time and they helped me gain perspective and that's why I think these guys are awesome and I've quit the smokes

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
 42yrs • F •
Do you have one song in particular that stands out as more of a favorite than the rest?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no best. And, music is only as good as the silence it fills. Still, to throw something out here:

Group: Traffic

Album: The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

Track: The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

Just sit and listen all the way through. Use headphones if possible. Lyrics of import, and a Hammond organ solo supreme.

26yrs • F •
chambre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
my favorite band always depends on what mood i am in. islands by young the giant is always one of my favorites. very soothing and calming, great beat.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that pickup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in answer to dawn right now spitting venom its a song about the duality nature of lies and subjective perception, redundant sounding but people forget the difference

"for every bit of venom that came out the antidote was had" meaning that there is always truth in a lie and if you know what it is you can figure it out and that's the antidote to the lies.

"I did't know you kept track I didn't know there was a score
Well it looks like your the winner and I ain't gonna play no more
Its over
Game over
This means two things, on the one hand it sounds almost like a confession, like I didn't know you were paying attention to the lies and im done, on the other hand it says I didn't know you had set up a web of lies and opinions that my credibility is destroyed so I am done with you sick game and im not gunna play anymore

well we walked real stiff and I came inside the ground
You hit me with yours
And said 'pull yourself together'
Its over
Oh it's over
Here it says basically I call your bluff your lie and you need to "check yourself before you wreck yourself" it could also be the victor of the vicious cycle of rumors and lies throwing that last poison dart

you can say what you want but don't act like you care
It takes more than one person to decide what's fair
Its over
Think it over"
Don't act like you care about the truth because it takes more than one person to decide what is fair what is right what is truth a sort of allusion to the nature of defining what is good and that there is no real objective truth but a collection of shared opinions

"you were spitting venom at most everyone you know
you were lying to everyone

If the damned gave you a road map then you'd know just where to go
the damned the shunned the victims of lies and the liars alike who have learned from the cycle if they told you the score you would know how to act where to go

So we carried all the groceries in while hauling out the trash
And if this doesn't make us motionless I do not know what can
so keep what you think is good and take out the trash, tending to your garden of social experience that is poisoned and weeded and polluted by social engineers and liars

What a rotten thing to say such an awful thing to say
I didn't mean to bite you so really
What I always did what I always did what I always had to sling
So let it drop"
You have to decide for yourself who is telling the truth and lying and make your decision who to keep and who to cut out what an aweful thing to say but you always have to try to sling the truth and bite back if necessary, at some point though you need to say fuck it and let it all just drop you can't keep fighting the tide of lies you need to burn bridges and forget the liars

my ears were bristled firmly right against your mouth to hear
When you tried to spit the venom out your words were not so clear
Now drop
if you listen closely enough you can tune yourself to sift through the bullshit and drop them

cheer up baby it wasn't always quite so bad for every bit of venom that came out the antidote was had
again the nature of lying and the duality of subjective experience the antidote to the lies comes from the synthesis of the truth from that lie

that is my idea of the song and how I interpret is a song also partly about stirring the pot..

so for now its my favorite MM song but I bet it will change before this it was Drammamine

"I like carl sagans spin on that, we are all made of the same stuff therefore we are all one and should love one another as an extension of ourselfs"
Best Band. - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy