We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

memory... remember?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
memory... remember?
What is memory?
How can so much of it fit into such a small space?
How can we recalled any memory we want instantly... where did it come from?
How is it possible to lose one's memory completely?

quote:
Missing North TX Coach Found Alive After 25 Days

(CBS 11 News) CARROLLTON Blistered feet and a new full beard are the only things different about 59-year-old Joe Bieger. His family and 150 volunteers have been searching for him for 25 days. The group in charge of the search estimate more than 100 hours was invested, making it a search probably worth more than $250,000.

Monday the football coach was reunited with his loved ones. 'It was survival. I was worried about getting hit in the head, or falling. That's all I've been thinking about, was getting back,' Bieger said.

Bieger left his Dallas home around 6:00 a.m. on October 6th. He went out to walk his dogs with no money and no credit cards. The dogs made it home, but Bieger never did. He now says he had vague memories of his time away from his family, including sleeping at construction sites, and on park playground equipment.

The father and grandfather says at one point he even crossed paths with police. 'I thought, 'police this is great'. But they thought I had held up a store. There had been a robbery in the area. They handcuffed me and when they realized I didn't have a weapon, and I wasn't who they were looking for, they sped off,' he said.

Bieger also recounts a story of sitting in a bar one night, listening to an investigative reporter share his story. At one point the man remembers making his way to Plano. But Bieger also says his family was always on his mind. He and his wife were building a new house in Carrollton and Monday Bieger made his way back to that construction site, where the foreman recognized him and called his daughter.

This is the third time Joe Bieger has gone missing since September. The first time was for four hours and the very next week his family couldn't find him for an 11-hour stretch.

Bieger did not want to go to the doctor or hospital Monday, because he says he feels fine. His daughter says this last experience was the scariest and the family will probably buy a GPS watch for her dad. 'When I walked in he got close to my face and recognized me and I started to cry. And he said don't cry, I'm right here.'

Although Bieger hasn't seen a physician he seems to fully remember his wife, children and grandchildren.

Family members say Bieger suffers from a condition called global amnesia. According to the Mayo Clinic, the condition causes sudden, short-term memory loss.

(see http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_303180840.html)

Is it possible to recall memories you have assumed forgotten by some sort of hypnosis?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not sure if I read your question correctly, but it is impossible to forget something forever, unless you have brain damage or a desies.

memory... remember?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy