Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Royksopp

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Royksopp
What Else Is There
This video appears to have been removed

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, killer beat! and what a beautiful girl too.

And I would like to play art director here for fun, and get the whole team back to re-shoot. Not because its bad or anything, but this time I would like to see the girl wearing a simple floaty dress and sitting with bare legs hanging on either side of a beautiful grey Arabian stallion with a long white mane and tail.

The muscular energy of the horse would be the perfect foil for her fragile beauty but would also give her more oomph than does hanging limp in mid-air. And I love the way the harsh lighting chisels her features and electrifies her white hair...
She just needs the horse to carry her through the night, lol.

Oooh, I wish I had the software to create this right now! it would be beautiful. Re-watch this video and see if you see what I see...her riding bareback on a grey stallion through the night. So beautiful!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
something along the lines of this?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
Ah yes, I see they've got that Estate I was wishing for lol, the one where I could ride through the forest...?

Anyway I'm sure that more that one viewer was disappointed that she had so judiciously packed a clean frock for the ride, ha ha!

Lovely riding but a shame about the song, eh? ..wetter than the sods which splashed her lovely legs, lol!

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Excellent song and clip! Ive been listening to it for the last two hours now lol.

Yet I know Ive heard it before someplace. And I loved it, but I just cannot recall anything other than I know that song from somplace.

Who is this person/band?

Seems very Scandinavian.

Why is she not number one instead of Beyonce and co?

Hehe. Chiron you have horses on the brain. But yes I can see exactly what you have described.

It works- though I think I can see her not actually riding the horse. But exactly how she is; a floating wraith, arms dangling at her side as the horse steers her, her dress blowing in the stormy wind. The horse as a power of nature (the power of nature seems a strong theme in this song to me.) giving direction, but her totally unable to do anything but sing with that lost waif look of hers.

It goes with the “lost” feel to the song and original clip.

The song is totally beyond me as to what it is all about. Seems like she was killed when her house exploded and is now a ghost not knowing what to do?

But I feel the whole “I don't know” type lyrics and the feeling of helplessness, really fits with her just drifting along, unable to find a path or a focus for herself.

Find me some more.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 68yrs • F •
Remind Me

Royksopp
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy