A man talks dirty to a woman and its sexual harassment. A woman talks dirty to a man and its $3.95 a minute. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Water Powered Generator

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not sure if this idea has appeared before, however...

Basically, I think I have found the idea behind the Water-Powered Generator, or Engine, or whatever you want to call it...

The main functioning of the Generator depends on an interesting quality of water... You may know this but never put two and two together... I know I didn't... Not in this way...

The quality of water I'm talking about (sorry don't know the technical term for it) is that when water gets cold it expands, whereas everything else (or just about everything else, I think) tends to shrink when it gets cold... The other quality linked very closely to this is that all substances (I think it is all, anyway) tend to expand when they get hot...

Okay, so I haven't built the Generator yet... But I thought I'd share the idea anyway...

The Generator itself would combine the effects of heat and cold on substances to make movement, like the bubbling found when you heat liquids up, which can be harnessed to make something move, much like a motor or the like...

Sure I could of sat on this idea and tried to make a buck, but sharing such an important idea is worth just as much to me...

To those who decide to build a water-powered generator, good luck and good on you!

"There is no negative one..."
 46yrs • M •
Sorry, I think I may have spoken too soon...
The idea I had doesn't seem to work yet... some would say "I thought so..."
But, I haven't lost all faith, I may find that Water Powered Generator one day...
I'm wondering at the moment how sound &/or vibration affects substances like ice... and if there's anything there...
Sorry, but it looks like "false alarm"... For now anyway...

39yrs • M •
Half-life is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Im not sure but isn't this an ordinary steam engine?

"The Universe Tends to unfold as it should"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, your right BG, except it was used for cooling before the advent of modern air conditioning gas like freon.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But keep at it anyway, after all steam locomotives were large heavy vehicles because of the material construction. the advent of lighter alloys & modern technology would make a revamped steam engine more suitable for today's needs,
After all they use nuclear reactors to drive steam turbines to create (manufacture) electricity!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M •
Not that it makes any difference to me not having a clue in this area, but...
As I saw in "An Inconvenient Truth" (an excellent movie, by the way)... Water actually absorbs more heat than ice...
I'm wondering if that will lead anywhere...

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy