Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Real 30 Year Old Virgin - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm.. I know guys (yes, males, not females as a matter of coincidence... ;-D ) Who lived with their parents through college and perhaps longer. This came about mainly due to money, sometimes due to mental disabilities. The only (admitted) OVER-30 year old virgin I have ever met is due to the fact that he is devoutly Christian and unmarried. I assume there are plenty of other thirty-somethings who are still virgins, and I am certain that there are scores of people who NEVER move out... It is all circumstantial.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hum. this is slightly off topic but I'm curios. Mindfields seems to imply the situation might be different for women. Do people think this is the case? Why would this be? Is there any reason we might expect to find fewer 30 something female virgins?

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is a generalization yes, but coincidental that I mentioned men rather than women. Here is a good reason why there are more older male virgins than females (hypothetically. I have no source of information here, but this is my guess)...

Women produce children. Period. We bear the kids, and once you're a woman hitting those late 20 marks, the clock is ticking fast.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's true men have no menopause but where as female virility suddenly shuts off men do experience a gradual decline of their virility that is also perceptible. I my self must say that I have been aware of changes in my body even now as the texture of my skin seems degraded slightly and I no longer seem to experience the same intensity of chemical rush associated with puberty. Hormone replacement among men is becoming more and more common so I don't necessarily think you could say men are ignorant of the same ticking clock.

Here is one possible hypothesis. Statistically a large proportion of people with disorders on the autism spectrum chose celibacy still more have difficulty forming relationships and interacting with people socially which would extend to, using the vernacular, 'puling'. These sort of disorders are much more prevalent among men. That might account for some of any discrepancy between sexes that may or may not exist.

A Real 30 Year Old Virgin - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy