So let me get this straight.......Your Honda has 1.6 liters and my bottle of Mountain Dew has 2? - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sex, Handwriting, and Evolution.

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sex as in male or female, not as in sexual intercourse.

Why does it seem as if girls tend to have better handwriting than guys? Is this just a generalization? I don't think so. I've noticed that when looking at girls' handwriting and boys' handwriting, girls tend to be neater and their letters more curved, while boys tend to have more angular writing that's harder to read.

Is this something psychological? Does it have something to do with females being more focused about details? Is it physical? Do girls in general have better fine motor skills than boys? What about curved vs. angular? Does this indicate a difference in the way males and females think and perceive the world?

And what part does evolution play in this?

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it is a generalization (not every girl has better handwriting.) But it is a trend in society.

If you asked Freud, he would mention one of his fixation theories. When
toddlers are being potty-trained, those that learn to let go become messy (anal expulsive) and those who hold back become obsessed with cleanliness (anal retentive). It's assumed that boys let go whereas girls hold back, but again, that's a generalization.

Society also expects girls to be more dainty, delicate, and organized since it is usually expected that the girl will be in charge of the house and the children (and she can not do it if she's messy and disorganized.)

I don't know my facts on evolution as much. Maybe Summit can say a few words about this.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really see this as a big discovery, men and women have always had different skills.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have met guys who write very similarly to girls, with curvy rounded writing, and have met girls with illegibly bad spikey writing, but there is a definite trend towards mens being messier that womens, i would agree that the most likely factor is girls are more attracted to neatness than men.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 29yrs • M •
Orion is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well i am not really sure
but i think that a little bit of everything

i also think that the biggest factor is played by the type of brain since we know female brain, male brain and something in between. i cant tell you for sure but have a look at types of brain and i think you can find your answer there

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy