The worst pain in life is when someone you know turns into someone you knew. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The problem with the Universe is NOT...

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'The problem with the Universe is
NOT that it DOESN'T make sense, but
rather that it ALMOST makes sense.. ' - Lord Rutherford

What do people think about this quote?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People, especially scientists, will always try to make sense out of the universe and the world around the. Things do have a "pattern" or a "flow" to them. However, as string theory which suposely helps unify many physics theories into one, things become only thought with no real basis. As I have said before: There is no existence trully percievable by itself.

And so the quote to me means that though the universe does indeed make sense... we will never understand it.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
universe makes perfect sense

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What was he referring to when he said "universe"?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think what we know about the Universe means it has to make some sort of sense... One thing that complicates it is to just about every quality there is an anomele where normally 'this is true for all things, except in the case of...'
But as the Universe is so large and complicated, it would take forever just to fully understand just one second of what is going on...
Just think of a clear memory, 'how many different things can you say were going on in that memory?'... the answers will end up being so long that it will seem almost impossible to live through a situation and know exactly what was going on...
I guess the Universe does make complete sense, we're just not within our senses enough to make that much sense of it all...

"There is no negative one..."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you new everything the universe would make sense. Its not necessarily what we do now nowadays; but what we don't know that muddles us up. Mind you; it always has been I suspect. And it depends whether your hungry for that void of the unkown or if you want to set yourself up as prey for the unkown. My quote reads mystery starts most things; I was only someway right;

'Mystery can either strart things or make you stagnate"

""No words""
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The universe makes perfect sense, like everything, it all runs to a set of rules, it grows, matures, serves it's purpose, dies and gets recycled. Just think, birth, life, death as with everything else living, just on a somewhat bigger scale!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy