He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johncon
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Paranoia

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paranoia

I hate to admit this, but it got me about five months ago. I actually thought someone was reading my email, going thru my surf history. I'm sure the FBI is, and Mr. Bush, but I mean, someone closer, like, my boss. I really thought I was going to be fired for my political beliefs and I was really upset about it, loosing sleep and everything. Monday morning I came to work expecting to be fired, I had forgotten to lock my desk drawer, delete my history, cache file and sent emails, no one said a word to me and by the end of the day I concluded that I was just imagening things. So the history, cache and send mails are there for anyone - have fun.

How did that happen? The mind is a tricky thing.

Anyone have anything similar happen or have any comments about Paranoia.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh, don't worry, it's normal to be paranoid. We are living during the age of the Patriot Act, so feel free to be paranoid. There's plenty of paranoia going around, so take as much as you want.

Whenever I send emails or talk to my professors, I always ponder about how I will defend myself for those words and actions before the court of the Evil American Trade Commision that will establish itself fifteen years from now (think Star Wars.)

Paranoid? Nah...

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Setsu is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paranoia strikes at weird times and for odd reasons. I get it every once in awhile for some reason or another. Just small things like thinking someone is watching you or paying attention to movements you may make.

""Life without knowledge is like death in disguise..." - MC HP"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am extremely paranoid, mostly due to past drug use. I constantly think that people are watching every move I make, that they talk about me behind my back, and that they are plotting against me (not to kill me or anything, but to inconvenience me and make my life a living hell somehow). But luckily I'm sane enough to remind myself that I'm just being paranoid. It's pretty hard to live with though; very depressing.

But as somebody once said, "just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The hardest battle is deciding between the quality and/or longevity of your life and the lives of others, present and future.

""No words""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Andrew21 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
paranoid eh? god, I used to be so paranoid when I was 17 (my first year in college or segup whatever its suposed to be called, quebec's fucked up), and also that was the time when I did my time with drugs (man Im a dumbass for all those things I did) and alchohol, especially alcohol. I was paranoid about what people would think about me, I never wanted to walk alone outside to get something to eat or whatever when someone couldn't go with me cuz I didn't want to be seen alone like a loser, I guess u could say I cared too much about what other people thought of me, but around the end of that year I was more trying to convince myself that I "dont care"and that I think too much which leads to being paranoid. the last time I was paranoid was when I was talking to thins girls ex who kind of a jackass and he was talking about his ex and then one of the other guys said, look she's right there or somthing so I looked and so did the other guy so it was obvious we were talking about her, and se looked our direction to when I looked at her, later on I felt bad cuz I thought she would think that im a hipacrite, like Im on both sides, her and her ex's, so later on during the day I told her that I wasn't talking against her or anything and I didn't want her to think that i was a hipacrit and bla bla bla, she smiled and didn't seem to know what I was talking about (because I was just being paranoid) and she said it was ok or somehting like that. I wasn't gonna say anything to her about it but I thought just in case im wrong Ill tell her about what really happened, but still... it showed that I cared about her and she's still being really nice to me and maybe im wrong but acting interested or maybe she just likes me as a good friend, but the point is that in this situation, it did no harm, it actually did some good, so its not always bad to be paranoid, at least I have a backup plan if it doesn't work with my gf..jk

"Talk is cheap...acting... is....better... something like that."
[  Edited by Andrew21 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't let paranoia exceed rationality...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
QuiteTheFolly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
when I was 14, I started doing drugs. Long story short, for about 6 months I though all of my druggies friends and I , had this ability to telepathically communicate with one another, but no one could talk about it, or it would end. Kind of like Fight Club.

I saw "proof" of it in everyday life.

In the end, I decided if they couldn't say it too my face, it can't be that iimportant, so why listen. Since then, I've become a very honest and upfront person. And quit drugs.

"Love is...fuck I can't remember the word."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have had that exact same experience, but the messages were malicious and occasionally I thought I was in some sort of afterlife. And sometimes I think I'm going mad because I still hear tiny confirmations/ status messages on the radio or on tv, but thankfully I immediately realize it's just me finding meaning that isn't really there. Bottom line, it has changed my life for the worse.

But that's a bit of a load off to hear I'm not the only one.

Paranoia
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy