If you love your boy friend, let him go. If he doesn't come back...he's with me. - <anonymous>
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Christian Intolerance

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
ShoreBoy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Christian Intolerance
Id love to hear peoples thoughts regarding the intolerance of christians when it comes to matters offensive to their religion. Christianity preaches tolerance, however when someone uses language offensive to christian beliefs, or acts in a way offensive to them, the tolerance preached by them seems to be overshadowed..............

"Teach Me"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This topic definitely depends on the person.
Some people will kill you and your family for simply saying something offensive to them.
Others will be like: "LOL ROFL I JUST GOT WTF PWND"
Just depends how childish they are. (in my opinion)

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Like with any religion or collection of people, there are those who simply react, generally out of insecurities and fear.

And yes, they do so in such a way that they completely contradict themselves and their claimed "beliefs".

Christianity like many religions hold a belief that clearly contradicts to a large degree any notion of tolerance or acceptance.

The idea of hell and exclusivity for one religion's followers being allowed into heaven.

This exclusivity brings out the nasty side of many religious people, leading people to cast judgement in contradiction to their teachings etc. etc. over and over again, ad nauseum.

But of course they don't see it that way.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought I posted to this thread once. Maybe it was another thread similar.

Christianity teaches that if you are persecuted for your beliefs and don't give up your beliefs you are a hero. So good Christians like to believe they are being persecuted so that they can believe they are the hero who will be crowned in heaven. Like Jesus who was nailed to the cross, some might emagine persecution where it does not exist.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Christian Intolerance
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy