The problem with the designated driver program - it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If you can't remember something, is it invisible?

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay, if you can't remember somthing, say, is it in a state of invisiblity? (as it is in there somewhere)
Does triggering the memory suddenly make it visible?
As opposed to, the memory being visible just unrecognisable, or some other reason that it is visible, just not in a state of being memorable...

"There is no negative one..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a difference between not being able to remember something and forgetting or being unaware of something. If you can't remember something it appears invisible. However if we aren't aware of something it isn't invisible. Our brain often has memory of something, but we consciously forget it or are unaware of it. For example, we all know how to tie our shoes, but perhaps you have forgotten the exact steps needed to accomplish this task. We intend to tie our shoes and, before we know it, the task is complete. Memory isn't always associated with vision. Memory applies to all cognitive sense including physical experience and skills.

To understand an object, feeling and/or event we must construct their meaning from pieces we retrieve from memory, and we do so without awareness.

Memory is the method we record the events, information and skills of our lives. Without memory there would be no ability to perceive something and gain knowledge from it.

Once again, great topic Black Gold. It seems you should really get into psychology.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree with summit, memory is not always to do with vision. but i also think he missed part of what you were saying, if you forget something, as in momentarily cant remember it, i don't believe it is invisible, any more that your car keys are if you can't find them cos you put you book down over them, you can't see them, or find them, but they are not invisible. and when you do fully forget something, it is not invisible, it is non-existant (or at least the memory of it), which i could give the question of if nobody remembers an event, did it happen?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
darkangelwolf is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the lose of memory of where u placed something is the biggest part of this, nothing can be invisible if you can find it, its all the matter of something over top of it or it being moved to a new place and you have totaly forgotten where it was that you placed it at

"life is like bull riding, we can get bucked off, but we get right back on and do it over and over"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why is it being assumed that thoughts can be 'visible' or 'invisible'?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy