Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar. - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does Race Exist?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
PoR is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does Race Exist?
I have been drifting from one forum to the next seeking an answer to an obvious question, 'does race exist'. Surprisingly I meet staunch opposition from some 'people' somewhat insane, who claims that race does not exist, and that it is a made up social construct.

I am firmly in the belief that race exist, and that racial is facial. The word race means a collection of similar facial features that distinguishes one group of human beings from another. Since face have a genetic basis, the race also has a genetic basis.

The only part of our parent's identity that is passed down to us, and by which we resemble our ancestors is in the race.

I have not heard one coherent argument that says race does not exist, but multiple confused replies.

"Philosophy, what else?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well Race does not exist on this message board.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
race is a genetic thing, but due to the fact that there is a large amount of intermixing between various "races" it is becoming more and more a case of social allegiance. though we are all the human race.
the other question is how does citizenship affect your race? are you still american if you take up british citizenship? or still indian if you become an american citizen? if so then race is partially a social construct.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
race is yet another human-made classification system. it exists so long as we are there to perpetuate the classification system.

"dont got one"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Por. It exists now; it will not always exist. I have eyes. It exists. Forget the nanny bunch who try and go against social opinion by being politically correct when they're trying to fight against what is clearly obvious. Whats it coming to; some people are black, some white, some yellow. If everyone accepted this and said...well so the hell what? your white, big deal, I think we'd all just get on that much better. Worst thing you can do is pretend somethings not there-its not bog and its not clever!!! haha

""No words""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so, race then is defined by the color of a human being's skin?

"dont got one"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, unique genetic differences such as, bone structure, hair texture and color, eyes, etc. related to ancestral begginings and the source of these differences.

There were technically even different species of humans at one time according to science, this may affect race, but location seems to be a prominent factor. I don't know all the technical details, but no, there is more than just the color of the skin to determine race scientifically. If I remeber correctly.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Does Race Exist?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy