Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Bible and the End?

User Thread
 56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rushuka is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Bible and the End?
We all know what the Bible says about Revelation, and how the Lord will return to end the holy war ect... My question is, so does that mean life is just a lottery and that if you were born and died say in 1950 that you are exempt from what is to be? Or that the entire Bible is played out in each and every one of us and we as individuals will go through all stages alone? I guess i have always thought who ever was alive at that time would go through it together..Hope that made since...Thank You

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you ask this qeustion to a bible thumper they will probably give you an answer that they know will be most comforting and follow it with a giving validicy by say that god works in mysterious ways, and that he is good.

so if you are asking me if this makes sense, then i would say that the bible was very poorly written. and that it leaves far too much room for interpretation. its a fucking bible. why is there so much reading between the lines? are only intelligent people supposed to understand their religion?

anyway, you can interpret it anyway you want, and the only real validation, to yourself, will come from yourself. anything else is just hearing want you want to hear. because if i tell you that it doesnt make any sense
"that doesnt make any sense. the bible was written as a collection of stories and it is all "history" and "teachings." if god wanted us to know that he would of told us, unless he really is a kid with a bag of marbels."
or i tell you that it does
"that makes perfect sense. because in fact we are all a part of god. we are all one in his eyes, so when we are seperated by our flesh, we must all go under the same trials and tribulations. so its not like humanity as a whole goes thru revalations, but more as humanity seperated goes through revalations"
the only thing that you will get out of it is a warm stomach, or an angry reply. you have to think this one out completely unbyist. if thats possible. or take everything veryone says as something that deserves being listend to. i have been on this site for awhile and i havent seen an body like that yet.

but if you want my opinion,
each and every one of us goes throughthe stages as an individual, but we arent alone. we have god, and our loved ones to help us.

by the way, i am atheist.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can only assume what you are asking, I'm not sure if I understood the question.

quote:
born and died say in 1950 that you are exempt from what is to be?

Ask the jews who were burned in the ovens if they escaped anything, ask one of many of the millions who died of the flu if they escaped anything, ask those who lived in or near Hiroshima if they escaped anything.

I've been told that Jesus is returning and I hope it is true and if it happens, I think I would want to be there, I don't believe I would want to miss it.

Maybe this will help - I used to attend a bible church who conducted bible classes on a regular basis and they wouldn't touch revelations because of its many interpretations. I've read it several times and I can't say I grasp it.

quote:
We all know what the Bible says about Revelation

We all don't know, but there are many who think they know.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Bible is a book about a story, which we cant prove. Thus we must have faith in the story. And we must have faith in the scholars. We must also have faith in the people who passed it down. This is not faith in God but faith in humans who we don't know. This, clearly, is dodgy ground.

I'm sure the Bible a) has political intent and b) has been influenced since its original by political intent. The intelligent person will spot this. However, intelligence is only a small thing if you have no character about you. To build character the one thing a lot of Christian's say is wrong is the key. Start respecting and accepting who you are.

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
The Bible is a book about a story, which we cant prove. Thus we must have faith in the story. And we must have faith in the scholars. We must also have faith in the people who passed it down. This is not faith in God but faith in humans who we don't know. This, clearly, is dodgy ground.

I'm sure the Bible a) has political intent and b) has been influenced since its original by political intent. The intelligent person will spot this. However, intelligence is only a small thing if you have no character about you. To build character the one thing a lot of Christian's say is wrong is the key. Start respecting and accepting who you are.

""No words""
 41yrs • M •

""No words""
 41yrs • M •

""No words""
The Bible and the End?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy