Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Vegetarian or No? - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would have to agree that over-worrying about animals when there are so many people suffering is confusing ones priorities. the problem i see is that the suffering we cause animals does nothing really to help the suffering of people. so it is basically just suffering for the sake of our enjoyment.

i dont actually drive the ambulance, i get to ride in the back and do the fun stuff. i hate driving. becoming an emt is actually relatively easy. 8 week course that anyone can take when they turn 18, and as soon as you pass the tests you can get a job. most of the people i took classes with and work with are older because they decided to do it after working a dead end job for 10+ years. also, anybody who passes with a C- or above can be an emt. think about that next time you do something that may involve bodily harm hah.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I value life in general. People suffer, animals suffer because that is life.
I see how people treat animals because we want to snack on them or what not.
The way they are raised and slaughtered sicken me.
Yes I care more about a animal life then a fucking steak for sum poor ass bum.
Life is more important than your chicken select or fuckin cheeseburger.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the way i've best heard it put is this
quote:
if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat

meat is one of the best sources of the nutrients we need to survive, there are other ways though its up to you how you eat.

i have just two things to say. i do think that the animals should be raised more humanely than they are in some circumstances. but as for slaughter, death from any other animal would be much worse for them then death at our hands.

and any vegetarian who just eats the same meals they did before but without the meat is an idiot. they are depriving themselves of a major part of their diet and their health will suffer for it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
quote:
i do think that the animals should be raised more humanely than they are in some circumstances.

this is my main issue also.

quote:
and any vegetarian who just eats the same meals they did before but without the meat is an idiot. they are depriving themselves of a major part of their diet and their health will suffer for it.

I agree, you really have to go shopping and revamp your whole kitchen of new styles of foods to live healthy. ^^

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people who push and advertise vegetarianism should really make sure that the people they sell it to know that. otherwise they are singlehandedly responsible for health problems and dietary disorders all over the place.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Yes I care more about a animal life then a fucking steak for sum poor ass bum.
Life is more important than your chicken select or fuckin cheeseburger.

But whose life, is the life of a chicken is more important than a human? If you want people to treat animals better you first must get them to treat each other better. Animals are lower life forms than humans and if we as a species cannot respect others in our own species how then do you expect us to respect the lives of lower species?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
quote:
But whose life, is the life of a chicken is more important than a human? If you want people to treat animals better you first must get them to treat each other better. Animals are lower life forms than humans and if we as a species cannot respect others in our own species how then do you expect us to respect the lives of lower species?

I "try" to view all life as equal kind sir.

39yrs • M •
quote:

If all life is equal then if you had a starving cat it would be ok to kill a child in order to feed it? Killing a cat or a child would be the same if all life was equal. Then again if all life was equal then carrot juice really would constitute murder

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

So your life is equal to the life of a chicken...I think no further comment is necessary.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
quote:
If all life is equal then if you had a starving cat it would be ok to kill a child in order to feed it? Killing a cat or a child would be the same if all life was equal. Then again if all life was equal then carrot juice really would constitute murder

I do accept the "circle of life though", <insert lionking music>
Killing is part of nature and I know that.
I love all life but my own survival and the survival of that which I love most is going to take prioity like most any right?
I guess I could say that I view all life with an equal sense of honor and respect. I think that would fit alot better.

But for us to be treating some of these animals like they are not even worthy of living and to slaughter millions of them just for our glutton selves sickens me.
Like the Native American would respect and honor their kill to feed the tribe and their family.
We as a whole today do not honor any animal, all you have to do is see some of the things that are happening like the video's Peta has uncovered.
Its the nonloving attitude and the greed of killing an innocent life for a possible midnight sncak that we dont even finish.

quote:
So your life is equal to the life of a chicken...I think no further comment is necessary.

Just read what I wrote above if you didn't already.

37yrs • M •
quote:
If they weren't worthy of living then we would not allow them to be born. Not all people who eat meat are gluttons. Some are but then you must consider the number of starving people. If we feed all persons with enough food then we would still need to slaughter millions of animals to feed millions of people.

But we don't feed the millions of starving people and still slaughter millions of animals. FTW

38yrs • M •
If we did want to feed all of our homeless, I don't think we would do it with meat anyway just because of how expensive that would be. So saying that animals die so that we can live is nonsense. Most restaurants around here serve 12-14 oz. steaks. I really don't think anybody needs that much meat in one sitting to survive.
And while I don't put my life on par with a chicken, I certainly would not want to be kept in a cage my entire life and then skinned alive, like so many animals are. Part of the reason that the animals suffer in factory farming like they do is because there is so damn many of them. If people were willing to be more moderate in the amount of meat they eat (most of us eat way more than our bodies could ever need) then maybe we could cut down on the suffering the animals have to go through. because there are so many, most of the time the workers don't have the time to make sure that they are unconscious before they are bled out and skinned.

[  Edited by wormtownandy at   ]
 39yrs • M •
We mass produce meat it wouldn't be very expensive. Although I doubt we would be just handing out steaks to people. The point is that if everyone ate a reasonable amount of meat, you would still be required to slaughter an awful lot of animals. The living conditions may not be that good, but if you are more concerned with that then you are feeding starving people I think you need to reconsider your priorities.

38yrs • M •
Meat doesn't feed starving people. With the land we use for raising cattle we could grow a lot more food that would help the starving.

37yrs • M •
Im sure there are ways to feed people without slaughtering countless innocent animals.

Vegetarian or No? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy