Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Age relevency on CC

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
clunton is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Age relevency on CC
I've been signed up an hour or so... Has anyone considered that everyone who posts is relatively young? Are you more aware than your elders or lost in your youth?

"My given name is Clinton Mark Lowe"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well with more a more social change going on within our generation its only natural that the youth would participate more in disscution about them. Also even though this is going to sound sterio typical and I know is not really true but, older people like about our parents ages for older might not really care about some of these changes and there for not participate as much if at all. Note i may be wrong about that whole sterio typical thing so dont hold me entreilly to that.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well if you're only here for an hour your not going to see what really goes on around here unless you've looked at all of the discussions on here... I don't really think age has anything to do with it..

There are plenty of people who post on here that seen to me, Very well educated and have great insight on what ever may come up in the forums..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes - but that's the way the whole internet is, mostly the young. Our generation didn't grow up with computers and a lot of us aren't comfortable with them.

But eventually everyone will grow older and mostly everybody will be old.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
------------------------------------------------------------

Why does age matter?

----------------------------------------------------------

******EDITED BY RESTLESS MIND*********

This is a reply I am useing as an example that is NOT contributing to the topic at hand. Instead of just deleting it I am using it as an example. (sorry Jacker for puting you on the spot) This is not to point out one person it is being used as an example as a whole.

With this statement he should have given reasons to why it should or should not matter. Or something more than just asking a question that can only have a negative outcome and possibly start a flame.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Updating the topic.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
got to agree with okcitykid, the internet is very much youth dominated, there are not a vast number of older people who take part on the internet. my grandparents and parents (parents being about ok's age) use the internet, but only really to shop or to look up information. it is mostly the under 30's who tend to come on forums like this. but i dont think age actually has any effect on the relevance of peoples posts.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But eventually everyone will grow older and mostly everybody will be old.

WAY off topic, but what! not mostly. no. everybody.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"With this statement he should have given reasons to why it should or should not matter. Or something more than just asking a question that can only have a negative outcome and possibly start a flame."
I'm sorry but your belief in what he should have said is benighted. Especially when you say it can only have a negative outcome. He asked his question and it is self supporting as a point. It clearly communicates to me that jacker appears to make no connection between age and wisdom. I also conclude that he wants cluton to think about what he has said and then present it to us in a way we can discuss better. Please refrain from doing such things in the future Restless Mind. It would be much appreciated by the members of CC.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No worries Restless Mind I'd much rather be told about it than for someone to sit back in silent anger.

I will now explain myself. Someone young can make an equally great post as someone older. Someone older can make an equally stupid post as someone young. The post should be judged before the age.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 64yrs • M •
I don't doubt the knowledge of the younger crowd. I have a 9 yo step daughter who can create web pages in Java Script and I can't do that.

But there are mountains you have not yet climbed. I'm sure you'll do fine when you get to them, but you'll do better if you pay heed to those who have been there.

I don't think the new person who was asking "did you know" meant it as an insult - just probebly as a new person here, was just starting a conversation.

The moderator concerned about traffic would probebly like it if we would help make new people feel welcome here.

[  Edited by okcitykid at   ]
 36yrs • M •
age affects experience, but it is only one of a number of factors. some people do nothing in their whole lives, whereas others experience a lot as children. a lot of things affect what you know, so you need all types of people in order to get every view.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
so you need all types of people in order to get every view.

I agree with that statement.

I think there is a point in all of our lives where we make a choice to become stupider or smarter.

We stop learning when we think we know it all and at that point we begin to grow old and cynical.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why is it called captain cynic nywayz?!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
cos loads of people on here are cynical, and i suppose captain cynic just has a ring to it.

Age relevency on CC
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy