The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Pagan Religion??? or devilry

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i myself a firm believer in the pagan life find it as mucha religion as cathlolic or christianity. What are your veiws???????

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think this is the only thing that could possibly make less sense than catholicism. But, it sounds like a lot more fun.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
it actually makes more sense, in the fact we dont rely our beliefs on a mere book. lol. And our practices work. Honeslt dont take me wrong im 17 and i belong to a group
And many of them are catholics and christians that beleive in more than the bible. Yes we produce potions and brews, but they work. We medidtate only to reflect, is that not the same as prayer. and we get those few who are ona different mean of lvl to us, yes i mean somewhat spychic powers.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alright well just don't drink the purple punch if they got any.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, the funny thing is...

The bible as well as stories in the Quran and many other mainstream religions are actually retellings of pagan mythology.

Things like December 25 not being in any way related to Christ but to the natural and well known, except to Christians etc., solar cycle.

Sampson is a classic example and a direct referrence to the cycle of the sun. Not to mention a story of common barbarism, male chauvinism, racism, lies, deciet, torture,and even terrorism found all throughout the bible. Mmmm mmm, gotta love them morals.

But this is endless if you look into it. Every day unwitting Christians etc. follow and worship paganism which they so ignorantly and ironically detest.

It would be funnier if it wasn't so sad, and frightening when fanatacism is involved.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Very little is really known about Paginism, because like Gnostisim, it was pretty much destroyed. It survived a little better, unlike the Gnostics, some of them got to live.

The church had taken a lot of the Pagon holidays and converted them to Christian holiday. This was a more advanced way of forcing Christianity onto the masses without torturing them which is probebly why some paganes lived.

In Paganism you have your various beliefs, the good, the bad and the ugly. But to me it is more down to earth religion as it incorparates the cycle of the moon the seasons and the animals. Probebly not so enjoyable if you live in the city. My wife is into and she says it is more Christian than Christian.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 31yrs • M •
browndruid is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I too, am Pagan. A Druid. Only 33,000 of us in the world. Of course, there are millions of Wiccans, but I won't get into that.

Samson's strength, the bible says, was reliant on the length of his hair. Thi sis derived DIRECTLY from Celtic belief. The Celts believed that the head was the house of the soul, and the most powerful part of the body. Lo and behold, the brain controls everything! Anyway, they believed the to draw the transcendent spirit in, thus making you more powerful, long hair was essential. This is also the reason they beheaded their enemies.

Also, Christmas is the Christian version of the Pagan Yule.

Anyone who wants more information, or wants to tell me how wrong my beliefs are, can contact me at browndruid@gmail.com

"Someday, I will be guided to that place where everything is surrealistic. Or am I not real?"
 39yrs • M •
hmmm a druid hey interesting, i folow the blue mages, i am actually 15, yes i said mages, not what your thinking, its more practical magic, any way, im intersted in druids, and their ways of nature. Its quite interesting, and for all you who think this is stpid go find out for yourself or seek out some mages, witches or druids befor you critisise. Any way to the point as OKCITYKID pagan comunities i feel follow the bible values closer than christians themsleves. Although mos pagans are good people i must stand also the other way and say some are actually evil. Althogh dont let that deter you, pagans are normally good people, misunderstood. The other day i was in my mums hair salon when a mystic, (psychic) came in and asked for me. AS she wasnt happy about our blue mage works. Tell the truth my mum didnt know i was pagan, she went nuts. And i asked myself WHY. I went and showed her everything. Although she is still catholic and im pagan she respects the mages as they are the wisests beings on earth as i see it. so before you think its devilry or bad as you have been taught have a look for yourself and see how practical it is.

Cheers

39yrs • M •
Y have pagans been pointed out as evil through time???
Any veiws on that

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The most I've heard on that came about the time of Christianity taking over as the main religion in the time of the Great Roman Empire.

This being the specific time because the religion was pagan that was switching to, or more accurately integrating with Christianity.

Paganism is celebrated through Christianity, but most people are just not informed about that, nor would they want to believe it.

And it did not take long for fundamentalists and extremists to become part of the Christian culture, as they existed in other relgions beforehand, during times of even stronger superstition.

Part of that means emphasizing the Christian point that anyone who is not Christian or in Belief of Jesus as the savior, meant everyone else was either doomed (passive Christian) or working against Christianity spreading blasphemous lies about false gods, therefore evil and in need of being stopped. (not so passive Christian),

The Crusades didn't happen because Christians were tolerant.

Unfortunately to be blind in faith, means to be blind to reality, even of ones own wrongs, especially the wrongs of ones own beliefs.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To call yourself a druid only shows how little respect you hold for your own practices. It takes twenty years of traditional oral instruction and memorization to even be accepted, let alone be labeled a druid. Good luck learning the Gaelic language.

Though the ancient Celtic practices were barbaric and had downfalls like any other religion, I believe the ancient druids were more in touch with their surrounding elements than their followers today. A lot of the Celtic history has large gaps since their lives were told orally in ballads and stories, and today's attempt at druidism is more questionable than Christianity. Many areas of druidry and pagan practices could be mistaken for devilry, and groups that associate themselves with pagans look for Evil, but I don't find them to be in the arms of the devil.

Pagan actually means: '1. a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Moslem; person who worships false gods; heathen
2. a person who has no religion

Since many believe their gods/goddesses to be real, why borrow a name that offends what you believe? Just curious.

Timmo, are you 15, 17, or 20?? o_o

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
[  Edited by earthenwings at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
because devilry is a word, in this argument, derived from the devil, the christian devil, the classification of paganism as, or as not, devilry must follow the classification given by the christian religion. and because any religious practices outside of christianity are considered sinfull, assuming you understand that the devil is sin, any pagan religion is devilry. but that does not mean it is a bad thing, just that christians don't approve.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
[  Edited by awakendwraith at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paganism sees magic, devilry and the gods as symbols rather than realities.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but that is not what the christians see, and that is what is important. whether or not it is a 'good' religion does not matter. just that it is considered devilry.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yet the general Christian ideology considers numerous theologies as devilry.....History tells. Just look at Holy Wars for instance. More people reject Christianity rather than following it.

Paganism lacks (an accepted monotheistic) religion. Essentially similar to atheism.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy