Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

egoism

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
egoism
maybe this should be better in the psychology thread.. but i was wondering

do people always react (including internal thoughts about the person) negatively to another ones ego?

are there cases when one can be attracted by anothers ego?

if someone says something potentially intriguing.. is it not intriguing if he says it with an ego? do people who sho egotism not get credit becasuse of that.. turing off people? are there times when its not a turn off?

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm quite sure that not *everybody* reacts negatively to peoples egos all of the time. For example, I think women would mostly be the ones to sometimes be attracted to a mans ego. She might see him as motivated - a go-getter of sorts, or the "alpha male." But I'm no psychologist.

I'm sure it could be the other way around, men attracted to egotistical women, but I think that would be even less frequent. These days it's all about pretending to respect eachother and to not be self-absorbed.

40yrs • M •
lol (and i presume maybe always like that)

40yrs • M •
hmm and maybe complementing yourself and ego are two differnt things.. like you can look highly of yourself but not complement yourself just look confident and that your the best but if you dont say it then its ok.. when you say yea im so good for whatver reason myabe in that case everyone is truned off by it.. hmm

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most people who say they are the best are insecure about themselves. Where as those who just know they are the best don't need to express it. I think that defines the line between confidence and fake confidence.

Most people are insecure around big egoers(people full of confidence). But, the thing about it is they are just insecure about themselves. Most people without big egos whether they do it subconsciously or consciously are jealous.

Bottom line is that confidence comes through in people when insecurities are non-existent.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
egoism
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy