Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Spoon bending.

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Spoon bending.
I believe in it and have read a lot about it on websites and such that strengthen my beliefs in it. i am curious to know if anyone on here has had any experiences with it, either personally or a friend or knows anywhere to get good info or techniques.
"don't try and bend the spoon, instead realize that there is no spoon." child on The Matrix

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its a simple magic trick, nothing more. Uri Geller made it real popular for a while, but if you watch tapes of it happening very closely you can see its just a slight-of-hand trick.

thats not to say that its impossible to do with your mind. just that its never been done yet. if it has, no credible documents have been made.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
Yeah, i've read a decent amount and watched those Uri Geller's videos, he's crap listen to his name even.. " anyone with a haircut like that's gotta be an asshole." -Gary, Weird Science. I'm talking about the mediation type, only because i've done some pretty crazy things meditating (not on this level of course) but anything's possible aye?

40yrs • M •
oh yea, same here on all accounts. aye.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

If I try to concentrate on accomplishing a discrete goal, like obtaining $500 to pay bills with, it doesn't happen. I must change my perception. Just as "there is no spoon" I must realize that "there are no finanical hardships." Instead of trying to make your problem go away, realize instead that there are no problems. They don't exist. Then the universe resolves them without you having to painstakingly try to find a resolution yourself to each one. Instead of trying to change your problem, change yourself. Then your problem disappears.

Instead of saying, "I want my spouse to change such and such a thing in their lives" say "There is nothing that needs to change in my spouse." You have changed your beliefs and perception, and the universe follows accordingly so that whatever your spouse needs to change will happen so that it lines up with your belief.

There is no objective world, only the reality of our mental state.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
summit - the matrix has you!!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 38yrs • M •
Summit I'm not trying to say that that's not great advice. I understand it and use those same ideals when dealing the world, however, i want to see this fucking spoon bend! Not in the mystical sense or the spiritual koan sense of the spoon bending I don't want to learn a life lesson or anything like that, I just want to have a straight spoon, then have a bent one. Physically. But, maybe if I use the tactic you're speaking of it will help me reach this goal by realizing that it is not a goal and it's alredy happened.. right?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fin- It seems like you're just thinking about it too hard

using your mind to physically change an object is probably a lot harder than you may think. If you're not deeply concentrated on what you're doing and are thinking of the result(s), then It more than likely will not happen.

When you are truely ready, the spoon will bend..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
quote:
I don't want to learn a life lesson or anything like that

perhaps that is the problem

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fin I think if you practice meditation more than you spend here in the forum you would have it by now.

I know a guy who is in to illusions and crap. He's got a lot of books on these kind of things. I have had the experince though of watching him levitate though and I don't know how he did it and as much as i wanted to disbelive there was no way that could be an illusions. I was right in front of him outside nothing around him on him or in him. I wanted that so desperately to levitate and what he told me is: Want for nothing everything that you are and will do is already in you.

Slowly but surely for the past 6yrs that has become a reality in me and manifasted its self and come to fruition. So everything that you are and want is in you meditate on it; not the spoon but you. Ask yourself do you belive you can bend light that will lead you on a path to bending more than a spoon.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fin - I perceive you are slightly confused, with the 'spoon bending' concept. You cannot physically bend the spoon, it is your mind that bends.This is only done through a 'spiritual' sense. The problem is not the spoon, the problem is your mind. Once you change this you may achieve enlightenment (which obviously may take a life time to achieve).

"The summit is just a halfway point"
Spoon bending.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy