What good is a long life to us if it is hard, joyless and so full of suffering that we can only welcome death as a deliverer? - Forbidden Psalm
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Philosophy and persona

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy and persona
is there anyone here who consideres themselves outgoing in puiblic/social siituations in general.. or is there like a philosophers curse that prevents us from doing so becasue were always deep thinking?

me i went through periods of isolation for it.. but i found that once i organised there's concepts/theories etc becomming clearer in my head and embedded to be easily retrieved... then i think i can act outgoing.. going nuts in public.. no one wold suspect that of a philospher.. or is this a wrong assumption i have?

(btw still able to philosophise, especially at end of day when in kitchen alone.. or when i exercise for some reason..)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i to am the most out going person i, or the people i know, know. i wouldn't call my self a philosipher, but i hold my own on this site.. right?

i make loud noises in public and have no problem with nudity. that was a joke.

anyway, i just think that it depends on wether or not they are shy in general. i am most outgoing when my head is cloderd with thoughts. i tend to share them with complete strangers. and i love hitting on atractive women i have never seen before.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that laneor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for love and beauty and delight there is not death ,nor change . what< do you think about

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm very very outgoing. just last night i had a spur of the moment party at my daddys house. i love having parties. they get too big though. some girls shit in the trash can in my bathroom.. sorry for straying.
i think that the difference is that i realize what i'm doing and why i'm doing it and everyone else just thinks i'm a crazyass..they're right.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't describe my personality as out going but more as let's say confident. Usually out going people are that way out of confidence but I usually feel that there's no real need to approach random people and discuss with them.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how outgoing i am depends on the situation, i am perfectly happy to talk to a person on their own, or in a small group, but tend to take a back seat in larger conversations. i make friends easily, and am quite socialbe, but too many people and i just find it annoying. As for being a philosopher, im not entirely sure. i would say just thinker, i think about anything, rather than just philosophy or religion.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Philosophy and persona
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy