"Everything is opinion and point of view. Evil and good all depends on how you look at things. Question is what is opinion?" - Zyphon
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

GOD

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
GOD
I would have to say that the Christian god really does suck. I have noticed that "god" has some pretty funny ideas. For one it seems that according to it first we are supposed to love people but then is like go kill those darn Muslims. Ok well I would have to definitely say that GOD sucks then if he is like, be nice don't kill people and then says go kill those darn Muslims in my name. If you are going to do that, just do the easy thing and either tell your minions to either go kill stuff or not. Another case is that god was the major excuse for the crusades that killed thousands if not millions of people. Also many books have been banned in the name of god because they are not to the liking of Christians, mostly because of either satanic themes, witchcraft or, in newer books, gay stuff. Well then "god," I would have to say you suck because people are banning books in your name that I might want to read. Then there has always been the brainwashing. It is a proven fact that Christians brainwashed Vikings into submission. The test was walking through two fires.
The Viking could easily walk through his own fire but when he tried walking through the fire made by the missionaries he couldn't because he was brainwashed to believe that "god" deemed him unworthy and could not pass. Then there were the Salem witch trials. One of the moments that I would definitely look at and say, god sucks. Side note for the Viking thing, I believe the missionary's right before they finished converting the Vikings said that in the name of god you shall pillage no more. Back to the Salem trials, people have been brainwashed from the beginning of Christianity to believe that witchcraft is bad. Of course, all the people believed that their god was right and that they should burn witches, so they did. Evidence has come up showing that they were not witches and were in fact only the target of jealous girls in the village. It seems to me that 'god' has proved to be a sucky deity many times over.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol Yep.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactally eliasan. Not really anything else i can add to that.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
For one it seems that according to it first we are supposed to love people but then is like go kill those darn Muslims.

God never wanted us to kill Muslims. The crusades were not His idea. So if you want to believe that God sucks based on the way that you choose to misinterpret Him then go for it but don't think it makes you rational or anything.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you're gonna say Chrisitan GOD sucks you got to also have to add in there that when muslims were enslaving blacks in the name of their GOD and selling them to Whites. There god sucks to. In India the yogis gave them self for slaughter against England for their freedom in the name of their god. That would suck being the first person out there getting shot, stabbed, etc....oh yeah that brings us back to Christanity it was england that said we have the right to your fortune. wasn't it the white man that rewrote the bible to what it is today via the printing press by gutenberg. It seems to be a problem with radical religous fundalmintalist. So really people suck.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M •
good point, it would seem that the problem actually lies with the fundamentalist christians, or rather, religious extreemists in general, but if you think about it, there wouldn't be any religious extreemists without religion, so perhaps it is religion it'sself that sucks.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i guess ill play devils advacote here to a part of my usual stance

but then you can say people do bad so people suck.. theres 'good' n 'bad' parts to people and religion.. i guess.. lvoe

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
The problem lies in people. Religion would be great if there were no people to screw it up.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion would not be without people.
And yes people suck.
And yes religion sucks.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 35yrs • M •
quote:
Religion would be great if there were no people to screw it up.

Like you?

39yrs • M •
Are you implying that i am not a person? Of course I have the potential to screw up religion just as much as you have that potential.

39yrs • M •
It was never alive

36yrs • M •
hey_dude742 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent (all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present), in short, perfect.
People are not. They are sinful and naturally despise God and what he stands for (i.e. perfection).
People use God for thier own means.
Stuff like the Crusades happen (quest for land and riches, not God).

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
amen, god sux, what has he ever done for neone, hmmm let me think........ nothing, tell me what he has done any one? If god was real and was all so powerful, we wouldnt have sphyco muslim terrorists no 11/7/01, no bali bomings , no horrible deseases, and if he is real, then he sux some major balls.

tankard on the house

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
the idea of god doesn't suck. christians suck.

People suck.

quote:
If god was real and was all so powerful, we wouldnt have sphyco muslim terrorists no 11/7/01, no bali bomings , no horrible deseases, and if he is real, then he sux some major balls.

So you would prefer a God that forced you to obey Him? Interestingly enough Muslims claim to be the descendants of a child born because Abraham didn't believe that God could work a miracle.

GOD
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy