Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I AM MORMON

User Thread
 32yrs • F •
lil Hottay0 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I AM MORMON
Hey I am a mormon and proud to be one!!!! So is my friend koe if you want to talk to her! See Ya!

"*~*You know it*~*"
 42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I wouldn't laugh. From what I know about mormons that's pretty much par for the course. They seem to be the jew's of the new millenium, just as money-hungry and corrupt too. Ever seen SLC punk? Well, it's right on. Utah has the biggest 50/50 social gap in the country. On the one side you have these straight edge never drink caffeine (but own Coca Cola) perfectly perfect people, then like it surprises you have this total anarchist/punk scene of meth-heads and religious rejects. Mormonism itself was created by a drunken bastard who was supposed to have some visions or some crap like that, probably in a drunken stupor, and now these people think it's okay to go around door to door, at all hours, spreading the "new word of God." It's not.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You must be from salt lake city or somewhere around there. You also probably enjoy singing and putting on plays and such. One thing that I find confusing and would like to set straight is how come they don't let you see the original book of mormon? Joseph Smith found it but said he told if from memory or something? Another point is why do they think native americans are Jews? Just curious.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I never heard that Smith found a book. This book I read (can't think of the name...) said something along the lines of him being blessed with visions which were delivered by some angel. I'm not sure if it was Michael or Gabriel.

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just watch the South Park episode, explains it all, and is hilarious.

Dumb dumb dumb, smart smart smart.

Ya, he found some golden glasses to get his visions if I recall. Chatted with some mormons, as I tend to with many religions, made perfect sense to him...

Religious people crack me up, they'll believe anything as long as someone says its true. Oh ya, and as long as it comes with an instruction manual.

So much for false prophets.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah I've seen that one(of course). Wasn't actually sure if it was for fact.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
like all things South Park, the episode is not strictly factual, but is an embellishment of the truth.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
I don't remember everything they said in South Park, but most of what I remember was what a Mormon I discussed this with said as well.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quick reply to decius, no mormons arent like gideons. the gideons are a christian organisation that spreads "the word" through putting bibles in hotel rooms, and giving them to unsuspecting school kids when they leave primary education (thats the equivalent of the bit before high school in britain).

Mormons are a completely different "church" they have slightly different religious values to other christians like jehovahs witnesses. i dont really know much about them, i think my dad actually invited one and was given a copy of the book of mormon, which he thought he would have a look at to see how it differed from the bible. (inviting mormons in is fun, they get confused if you invite them in, they look horrified, and try to explain about how you are supposed to slam the door in their faces and go back to watching telly or whatever heathen activities you were previously doing.)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Has anyone here actually invited Mormon missionaries into their house enough times to go through at least 3 discussions? Has anyone here besides lil hottay actually attended a Mormon church long enough to form a justifiable point of view? If so, let THEM speak, for they at least are not just talking out of their proverbial ass!

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it would actually be quite helpful if lil hottay would actually come back to her thread, and fill in the obvious gaps in our knowledge about her religion.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 46yrs • M
quote:
Has anyone here actually invited Mormon missionaries into their house enough times to go through at least 3 discussions?

Yes.

quote:
Has anyone here besides lil hottay actually attended a Mormon church long enough to form a justifiable point of view?

God no, got more than enough from them and living in a highly mormon area in Northern Arizona, by Mormon Lake no less.

quote:
If so, let THEM speak, for they at least are not just talking out of their proverbial ass!

Don't see anyone not letting anyone speak, that was a fairly innaccurate statement.

And from what I can tell, like most religions, when Mormons speak, they are speaking out of such proverbial asses. If I'm just conveying my understanding of what they have said, they are simply doing the same, there's is just pro their religion, mine is calling it slightly retarded.

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah, Leftwood! Good to see you again.

Have you read/seen any epic theatre plays? When I say "let THEM speak," it is a formal request inviting the aforementioned knowledgeable people to make their voices heard. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
I AM MORMON
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy