For things you have missed, you have gained something else; and for things you gain, you lose something - Summit
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The reason of life. - Page 2

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
professorgrif is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The reason we continually search for the reason for life is because we think the answer has to be more complicated than it is.The reason for life is simply to have a reason no matter what the reason is the fact that you have a reason for living is the reason for life.

"can god create a rock he cannot move?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes god can create a rock he can not move.. no where in your quote does it say that he should move it.. your question contradicts its own meaning

i know..god can do everything so why now cant he move the rock.. well you only asked him to create it so that he couldn't move it... it's irrelavant

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the worst is when you see those theists on tv learning philosphy just to make there view sonud smart.. and they use the same shit athiests and agnostics say against them... what the? just now on TV hes like "thats like trying to create a round square.. just not possible"... well thats the argument we should be saying against YOU!! stop using our arguments and making peopel think thre urs.. live

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my incomplete wisdom, I think this to be the most logical.
In the begginning, God existed as a single entity, with no physical, surrondings. No multiply reality's. No time. No anything, but the 'mind' of God. But god's mind was everything that could possibly exist.
And part of everything that existed was lonliness. An emotion. So then God created. He needed other 'minds' that were like his but with differnt 'personalitys' . So then he created 'minds' that were completely like his, but had one major diffrence. They started out existence without any knowledge whatsoever. And then he created a place to put us. Our physical existence, (earth).
And through a game called "life". We gain all our knowledge, wisdom, and individual 'personality's. And if we pass this test, then we will gain all knowledge and become as God, and be enitiy's on the same 'mind' level as God, thereby fufilling his loniliness.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
wow conway that is deep.. you've captured my attention plz give us some more of this incomplete wisdom and creative new insights you've come across my question is god really lonely

39yrs • M •
I think that it is most logical. If one were to evalueate it logically....
If God just created other mind's like his, they would be nothing but robots 'tecnically'. Where is my logic? Because it takes "indivdual experience" to make indviduals.
Here is a better example. If we put a hundred children in a school house, starting just right after they are born, and at exactly the same time. We kept them there until they were grown. And during this time every child did exactly the same thing at exactly the same time.
At the end, all of these children will have lived the same experince. Yes they are still indvidual children, but they are all the same, because they have lived nothing but the same existence.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
jerter is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The meaning of life to me is finding that one important thing that makes your life feel complete and when you finally have it you can feel so much better throughout your life.I think everyones purpose is to find that one thing to make you feel that way.

37yrs • M •
thats genius conway.

so gods reason for making us was cause he was lonely but if he made us love obey and believe in him then it wouldn't be satisfying.. thats why he gave us free-will but free-will was the problem..

--so was god's goal to make a problem? i know when we are bored we love making problems.. whether the problems be positive or negative..

what are your thoughts

39yrs • M •
It really has nothing to do with a 'problem'. Free will is put here so that we can know the negative. Because it is the negative that brings the positive. And it is only through chooseing wrong decesions that we can learn. And learning is what brings us enlightnement (which is the 'mind' of God)

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True learning from the negative is a positive. But, why stop there? Learn from the positive experiences as well because, from every experience we can achieve enlightenment.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
honsestly the quest for the meaning of life is mans idea of trying to better themsleves, the worst thing you can do is at the end on your death bed is look back and say i had a boring misadventuring life, live it up you only live once.

tankard on the house

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that the meaning of life is learning and experience, you live to experience things, it is almost impossible to knwo something unless you have experienced it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The meaning of life is to live it. There is no fancy little things on the side, no deep and daunting hidden mysteries, just live and try not to get yourself killed. Also, God doesn't give you anything He is just there to take you fries.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the purpose of life is to fulfill your dreams.

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yay...conway is a genius.....that was beautiful!!!..

"Being is not knowing!"
The reason of life. - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy