Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

New Songs - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i sort of agree with you etheral, but then you get a group like status quo, who just had a laugh and did what they wanted, and they are still going now 40+ years later.
as for the sexual content, the complaint is about the fact that music is all about sex at the moment, whether or not sex is moral or immoral is of no consequence, its just the fact that you can sing about anything, and the fact that every rap artist wants to sing about getting laid by a "hoe" just means that there is nothing interesting about each individual song.
As for criticising the music of the generation, its usually that you criticise the music of the next generation, not the music of you own generation, everyone in this thread is 20 or under, by tradition, we should find our parents taste in music boring, and be obsessed with the music that comes out during our teens.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but then you get a group like status quo, who just had a laugh and did what they wanted, and they are still going now 40+ years later.

But doing what you want effects how big of a following you get. I had never heard of Status Quo until just now. But it isn't that it is impossible to have a long career in music even if you do what you want. All it means is that you won't be as popular as you would if you gave the average person everything they wanted to hear.

quote:
the complaint is about the fact that music is all about sex at the moment,

But it isn't. Only the popular stuff is about sex not all new music is popular.

quote:
by tradition, we should find our parents taste in music boring, and be obsessed with the music that comes out during our teens.

But who cares about tradition? I like what I like. Several of the bands I like have been around longer than I have. And a lot of the music that came out during my teens doesn't interest me anymore.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
New Songs - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy