Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Enilightenment

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Enilightenment
What is enlightenment? It is the ability to take one's human nature and defey it. This is the possibley ultimate purpose of man. What seperates us from the animals, who lack the ability to change their nature. But why is ts the only thing worth our while. Because we are nothing as we are. Only the hope of ultimate understanding can bring us the unknown answers we need.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no, Enlightnment is not simply a 'ascension of matter to pure energy', although yes, many people have a chance to experince a little bit at the time of death.

Basically, it is based upon that the conception we have of 'me', is just an illusion created by our brain. We say 'MY' name is this,' MY' parents are these, 'I' am a blah blah kind of person, but all this is just our peronality, it is not our 'true nature'. When we realize that all along we had been living in a dream, when we realize just who we really are, that we and God and ultimate reality are the same, that is spiritual enlighnment.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Enlightenment. Love. Very similar things. Enlightenment is when your head is cleared of all things. Living only in the beautiful moment. Being able to enjoy every breath you take and every drop of rain on your head. But it's more. It's being able to understand the world without trying. Enlightenment can happen on many different levels, and for many different periods of time. True enlightenment though.. hmm. I suppose it would be something like a constant day in and day out act of total clearheaded consciousness.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Enlightenment is when we experience the spiritual world, and learned something from it. The spiritual world might very well be a physical world, physics however just may not have advanced to that level.

A good example I can come up with is Levi, an army chaplain from the civil war who wrote the Aquarian gospel.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok but do you have any ideas on how to achieve it?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are many perceptions of enlightment that differ in form and style. Enlightment is the illuminated by aquiring new wisdom or understanding. Enlightenment is experiencing the present. One who becomes enlightened are those who are not distracted by their thoughts but who stay focused on the awareness of being. Enlightenment is almost in another realm of spiritual consciousness. It can be the extinction of desire, suffering and individual consciousness. However inorder to achieve enlightenment, one has to understand that it is not just the destination that counts but the process. It is the awakening and realization of 'truth'.

Jacker_Jones: techniques inorder to practice and/or achieve enlightenment can be through meditation or chanting.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you want to experience enlightenment you should study Buddhism. The religion seems to be directly related to the experience. You may be able to achieve this experience a little bit by affiliating yourself with the practices of Buddhism.
Just an opinion.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think this question seems to me to be best stated by, Decius, and Summit. Thank you both. I consider myself "newly" enlightend, and I feel have have a better grasp on enlightenment. I shall also look in deeper to Buddhism.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I also hope that everyone experiences this at one point in time their life. I have felt this a great deal through learning and self-realization. Self-realization mostly though. But to its full extent I can only dream of right now. Much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 35yrs • M •
decious, yes ultimately matter is an illusion and the highest enlightnment comes after you die, but for that you must be enlighnted in this world. For enlighntment you must be concious of it, and you can't be concious of it if your all energy.

the way to enlightnment is through spirituality(not to be mistaken with organized religion). Yes, intially through meditation you will start to experiance periods of love and closeness with everything, but when you look into your true nature, free of the conceptions you have of yourself and life, that will be enlighntment. I myself have experianced it to quite an extent, thats why this is not an intillectual wondering.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think all of your answers are good answers, but, I guess because of our imperfections, enlightenment usually comes when hard times come.

An example is the poem the mariner and the albatros, it is when he is dieing that he realizes that all things are wonderful and he loves them all. The poem however is a made up story, but it's pretty powerful.

quote:
ok but do you have any ideas on how to achieve it?

A common practice is to meditate every morning before the sun comes up, this is the most powerful time when the physical world meets the spiritual world. And that is what Levi did, however, you must realize he had been Chaplain in the civil war and had seen heard the most ugliest things, and I'm sure even faced the possibility of death a time or two.

With nature I have found a closeness to God and have felt enlightened and in the Navy I have had a few wierd things happen to me that I still don't understand. I heard a voice once that said in a fierce manner, "God creates the waves and he knows you're out there, don't laugh" This was in the North Atlantic and it was pretty rough, and for three days I refused to laugh about anything. I'm like no way, God doesn't care if I laugh. My mind playing tricks on me, a demon playing tricks on me, I don't know,a few wierd things happened to me out at sea.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
enlightenment is an illusion.if you would like to experience this illusion eat some shrooms, acid, meditate deeply, lucid dream, experience that feeling when you are not fully awake but not fully asleep, accomplish something profound. and many other experiences, im sure, will also allow one to experience the illusion that there is more.

"dont got one"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I apologize but it is hard to resist.
quote:
if you would like to experience this illusion & accomplish something profound.
Yet I wonder at what profound illusion of life guides you?
"Life is a bitch then you die"

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
Wholly, wat makes u think that some of the experiance that come from drugs are simply illusions? What if I told u that the effect that Weed has on you, I could replicate that same effect, perhaps even to a higher degree, withought taking any.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
enligtenment means different things to different people, some people associate it with the realisation of the true self and others with the effects of drugs.
For me it is the realisation of the ultimate reality and that this existance is merely an illusion compared to it.
It is said that there are three states of existance - wake, sleep and deep sleep. When we are aspleep we often see the dream world as real but when we awaken we realise that it is not so and this is reality, when we realise that this reality is like the waking dream then we realise the ultimate reality, the truth e.t.c.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
Enilightenment
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy