Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Brainwashed Youth - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see getting through boot camp as a combo of patience and strength that results in what Wyote called "the cookie cutter" that takes away your humanity and desire not to hurt others.

Maybe the millitary should show more bloody corpses and amputated legs and veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. We have a right to know the consequences of joining, besides earning a flimsy piece of metal/

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I see getting through boot camp as a combo of patience and strength that results in what Wyote called "the cookie cutter" that takes away your humanity and desire not to hurt others.

Depends what country trains you.

quote:
Maybe the millitary should show more bloody corpses and amputated legs and veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

As in Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein. But that works both ways. You can look at it and say "violence is bad". Or you could look and it and say "look what the enemy is doing to us".

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The thing about the military is that your just an order taker. Someone orders you to do what they say no questions asked. I don't really know how that isnt't brainwashing.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
It's similar to most jobs. If the boss tells you to do something and you don't you get fired.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well yeah true in a sense but there's certainty more leeway with a job then the military. The worst-case scenario in a regular job is you get fired. The worst-case scenario in the military is incarceration.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
But those who sign up know (or should know) this. The military is not unreasonable (I refer to the Canadian Forces as I have no other military experience)

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
since it was mentioned, I rather enjoyed the movie starship troopers. I also think they had an interesting form of government, all people ha drights but only citzens could vote. and enjiy ceritna other privalages. That is a good way of running a government. The people who vote obviously care about the country.

"What is true power?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But that works both ways. You can look at it and say "violence is bad". Or you could look and it and say "look what the enemy is doing to us".
Yes, I do remember seeing those movies during basic trainning,but when I got there I saw the truth. So maybe the use of military units in disaster areas isn't so bad. Some may come to see the difference between helping others & running their lifes for them? What is the point helping someone help themselves or establishing government rule {dominion} over their lives?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
BerserkaShot is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I know Methodz, or RJ, and i would say im a pretty good friend to him. For those that actually know him they might remember him for Halo. Hell he is state champion for Halo 2 in georgia right now, that man is gonna go pro with that if he keeps it up.

However, i would say i support Rj in his choice. Im sure that whenever he had the conversation with you Un_Silenced he wasn't 100% sure in his words. Even i noticed he didn't have his words straight from reading that.

I do know one thing though. It is a very honorable and brave decision he is making and should be respected, atleast by those saying they are "old friends". Any man willing to put his life down on the line to keep terrorism off our soil should deserve respect no matter his reasons for joining the military.

The military itself teaches discipline and makes a warrior out of an average citizen. Our military represents the strength and integrity of our nation, not those that sit on the sidelines making judgements.

Props to my man if he is still pulling through with this. He's a real straight guy.

"Reality ISNT what you believe. Its something you look past."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Any man willing to put his life down on the line to keep terrorism off our soil should deserve respect no matter his reasons for joining the military.
To keep terrorism off our soil? We are the greatest terrorist organization in the World, what are you going on about anyway
What to hell you think the 'Cold War' is [was{?}]

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So then we should let terrorist have their way with our land and country? Should no one join the military to keep terrorist out? or to try? If we do nothing... we would be worse off i'm sure.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 72yrs • M •
Well we could try a lot of things but we need to see that the terrorist existence is at least a response to our actions.
The Cold War is carteblanc for our use of force to not only constrain other nations but to enforce our perceptions upon other people.
In a real sense we created the situation just as we created the situation in Iraq. With the last vestage of the cold war has been turned into a hot war for domination of all people. These people don't serve the people, they serve the power. They tend to abuse such authority because that is the nature of their belief. That they are somehow justified in promoting war among others, so government spending supplies the desire for war, not to live in peace.
Like the need for speed, we trade off efficiency for horsepower . . . we don't need more ponies under the hood, we need more efficient, more economical means to that end. We don't need greater weapons nor taking up arms against others,we need to work with others [sharing] to bring a peaceful & prosperious futre.

Brainwashed Youth - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy