Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Maybe aliens are from the future?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hello,

so, what if aliens arent coming from far away galaxies, but from right here on earth, but just from the future. maybe there will be some kind of nuclear war that can genetically alter us and years down the road we are able to enhance our travel, or maybe even send a probe or "flying saucer" back into time! and the reason why we dont know about them on a huge scale is because whoever is sending them knows that if the general public knew about it, it would cause too many problems. what do you'all think?

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
for now.. im completely against the reality of time travel.
1. time is not real, it is manmade and everyone everywhere regardless of time is experiencing the same moment.
2.i think we would know by now..someone would have stopped by to say hello.
3.essentially we could only travel to the future if anything but it would be more of finding a way to not age while the world does. i thought for awhile that if we coudl travel at the speed of light and travel to a star far far away that it woudl take us however many years of lightyears to get there and back to the peopel on earth but only a short time for us becasue we were travelign at the speed of light but once again we are all experiencing the same moment at the same time.
4.i believe in god..so it doesnt make sense that something this catastrophic and possibly detrimental could happen, then again we have govt. so why not?

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 37yrs • M •
DrumMajor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The only feasable way to create time travel would be first to develope technology that opens worm holes. Then if you put one end of the wormhole in a spaceship and accelerated it to relativistic speeds that part would experiance less ime than the end you keep. So if you entered our end ou could go back in time (theoretically). But you would not be able to travel farther back in time than the point you created the worm hole. So untill that technology developes no visitor from the future.

P.S. If there are any real physisists I only understand a little about this, most of it is above my head if you could make it any clearer it would be appreciated.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
according to einstein, if you could move faster than the speed of light, then you would go back in time, but i think that would mean that you would appear to go back in time, beacuse you would reach the place you were going, before the light from that place, reached the place you left. it owuldnt actually allow you to go back in time in one spot. though you could technically reach the future, by sitting by a black hole, so that time affected you less.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you cant travel the speed of light or faster... according to einstein.... i dont know where you got your "according to einstein" from.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Einstein didn't say you could go back in time. The theory of relativity says that at high speeds time slows down. So instead of having the effects of twenty years passed it'll be like 10 or 12. But, you cannot travel the speed of light because you cannot find the square root of zero. (Well according to the formula). I've had a physics speaker before saying that it's impossible to travel through time because of wormholes or something of that matter. But, I like to believe that nothing is impossible.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I read once about time travel, it had to do with the curve of the universe, which by hte way most of the physics of this is over my head...i'm not to that part in college yet, if you were to go faster than light and you rounded the curve of the universe you would appear back were you started before you left.

Secondly i read a book once, though i do not remeber the name unfortunalty, it was when an alien species came to earth. The aleins turned out to be a representaative of god and they were here to help along the evolution of man. In the book they would not let there appearances be seen until after the children of earth had mentally evolved into superbeings.

The relevant part was that the aliens turned out to look like the devil, and they said that becuase the adults of earth were unable to evolve as their children did the outcry of their pain actually reached back in time and helped to form the image of the devil becuase they hated the aliens so.

"What is true power?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy