I will always have the soft voice of the sea - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Atheists Intimidating - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i guess. i tell evryone im an atheist and about half of the time people tell me that im going to hell. and they start screaming at me like they want to light their torches and put me on a spike.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eyestien is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are they in a religion then they don't know anything

"I am samrt because I know I am dumb"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know where you are to get that reaction, but as far as i know, atheism is usually viewed with pity rather than hatred by christians. as for the nonexistence of atheists, that is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard. atheists exist, in quite a large majority to believers. there are many who believe in no higher power, who literaly dont pray for anyhting or look to a god for help. a large portion of my friends are like that. they have no problem with religion, just have no interest in it. these people are atheists, the accept lifes existence, but have no real considerations as to why. they dont accept a god, of any sort. they are atheists.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
why is America the most christian country? do any of you think its a myth tho that america is th most christian country? if not why do you think it would be?

Yes I agree with these comments, it is a myth that USA is Christian. Why?
quote:
atheists exist, in quite a large majority to believers. there are many who believe in no higher power, who literaly dont pray for anyhting or look to a god for help. . they have no problem with religion, just have no interest in [living] it.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
There is no such thing as an athiest, because an athiest knows for sure there is no god. Agnostics realize that Man's epistemology can't know for sure. I used to believe in Santa Claus, suckers.........

I think you need to re-look up the definition of an atheist.
An Atheist does not "know for sure" that god doesn't exist.
No person knows this information. If that were true to humans then religion would be obsolete. The Atheist "believes" God doesn't exist and there is quite a huge difference between knowing and believing.

Thus allowing the vast number of Atheist to reclaim their title.
Much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
An Atheist does not "know for sure" that god doesn't exist.

Really - well, I never realized that Atheists felt intimidated by those of us who believe in God. I have been intimidated like crazy in this place (before you got here). You'd come here to the religious section and declare that you believe in God and everyone would descend on you railing about how stupid you are to believe in God. I would defend myself tooth and nail, and I'd just get tired and leave, you guys would wear me out.

These Atheists I argued with were certain that there was no god, and they were out to prove it, believing they were the smarter for their disbelief.

But I do understand intimidation. After 9/11 I went looking for a church and went to the first one I could find, it was a small church. Half way threw the sermon the minister asked, "Are you born again?" "no" "well come on up here." They all surrounded me and began to pray for me and gave me this prayer to read, declaring my belief that Jesus died for our sins. Well - I don't believe that, so I refused to repeat the prayer. The minister put his hand on my shoulder to ensure that I had nothing to fear. I said, "I'm sorry, I can't say this prayer" "why" "I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins." They all sat down, I sat down, and they would not even look at me. Oh well, I just shrugged my shoulders and never returned.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps a misinterpetation, Jesus died because of our sins -- there is a distinction you should make their?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^ah but that's the real way it should be said....churches do say that Jesus died for our sins....they're blinded by blood to such an extreme that they've started to imagine things...

And no atheists aren't intimidating....they're funny!...

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
I don't think it would have done any good to try to explain myself, that would make me look even more guilty of what ever.

But an elusion only lasts for a short time, it is clear why they were a small church and will remain so.

37yrs • M •
quote:
Really - well, I never realized that Atheists felt intimidated by those of us who believe in God. I have been intimidated like crazy in this place (before you got here). You'd come here to the religious section and declare that you believe in God and everyone would descend on you railing about how stupid you are to believe in God. I would defend myself tooth and nail, and I'd just get tired and leave, you guys would wear me out.

These Atheists I argued with were certain that there was no god, and they were out to prove it, believing they were the smarter for their disbelief.

But I do understand intimidation. After 9/11 I went looking for a church and went to the first one I could find, it was a small church. Half way threw the sermon the minister asked, "Are you born again?" "no" "well come on up here." They all surrounded me and began to pray for me and gave me this prayer to read, declaring my belief that Jesus died for our sins. Well - I don't believe that, so I refused to repeat the prayer. The minister put his hand on my shoulder to ensure that I had nothing to fear. I said, "I'm sorry, I can't say this prayer" "why" "I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins." They all sat down, I sat down, and they would not even look at me. Oh well, I just shrugged my shoulders and never returned.

I'm not sure if your addressing me in particular or a group.
People who claim to know for a fact that God is real or isn't are fools.
No one knows this. Thats where faith comes in.
Faith is believing. It is not to be taken as fact.

quote:
And no atheists aren't intimidating....they're funny!...

I agree that athiest are funny. Especially when they claim to know there is no God. As are the believers who claim to KNOW for a FACT that God is real and that I am going to hell for not repenting of my sins.
As for me.. I am just me...

[  Edited by Zato at   ]
 64yrs • M •
well said - I cannot prove that there is a God, I can only believe it. Nobody can prove that there isn't a God, they just believe it.

Most of what we think we know, we only think we know, nobody knows for sure, but only believes.

37yrs • M •
Exacty.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
are you reffering to kinda unoboserbable things or direct 'sensations' aswell? would you make a distinction between more imaginary things like god and the latter with your statement?

730 i musta made mistakes when i wrote this thread i meant that theists can imitate and bully athiests.. i thinkthats whats i emanst,s

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
I am referring to anything and everything.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To Patape:....

A statement like that is only purposed to denounce truth. If someone feels intimidated by another thing, that only means he is insufficient in hisself. No one can make you feel like less of a person if you don't allow your spirit to be deffered from your thinking. if your mind and spirit are one then you wouldn't give a damn. but if atheists feel intimidated by the mind of a theist...that could only mean there base is not firm, therefore they react foolishly!

"Being is not knowing!"
Atheists Intimidating - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy