The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return. - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

How do we describe perfection

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eyestien is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are we perfect because we have the ability to make chooses?

"I am samrt because I know I am dumb"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That makes us imperfect. The ability to choose gives us a sense of dignity if we choose the better, but a deep sense of shame for choosing the worst. The ability to make choices and learn from our mistakes is what makes us human.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you cant descirbe perfection becouse of its very deffination. Everything has some kind of flaw in it so there fore nothing is perfect no matter what.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The state of being without a flaw or defect. Complete of its nature.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
see by looking at that and then looking at my describton and if you looked at the world you would find that everything has some kind of flaw no matter how small or insignifcant.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
everyone has a different idea of perfection........
example.....when we choose a mate.....someone that i find wonderful and ideal, someone else may find horrible and totaly wrong

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lol..the whole point of description is that its a representation of 'reality' whatever that is. So you can never describe perfection. However, yes the word everything is most probably the best suited word; but a word is know by the company it keeps so it depends what you perceive everything as, and no doubt its finite if analysed by a higher order of consiousness. Another option is that nothing is perfect, so perfection exists in nothing, but thats silly because nothing can exist in nothing.

""No words""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no such thing as perfection, there is only bias.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Sam Keen

""No words""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
iv'e seen perfection. in my dreams.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eyestien is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So in our mind or what we think is perfection makes perfection, but to others it may not be so its imperfections,
then is it all but just how we judge to make things be what they are? If so, what is reality but just something thought in our minds?

"I am samrt because I know I am dumb"
 35yrs • M
thats all it is. and yes, i beleive that perfection is deferent for every person, which is why every person is said to be "meant" for another person.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that you should all watch The Last Samurai, for those of you without access i'll tell you why. Two men have a conversation early in the movie wherein one of them tells the other that a life spent searching for a perfect cherry blossom would not be a wasted life. Later in the movie in his dieing words he sees a bunch of cherry blossoms some of them blowing in the wind and falling down. He grabs the other man and says "they all are perfect." This is how i feel about everyone and everything. I know this begs the response "but if everyone is perfect then noone is." 2wo plus 2wo will always equal 4our (just using an example not looking for a time that it doesnt) it's a perfect equation just as 1ne plus 2wo equals 3ree. and so on

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 35yrs • M
i see perfection in people all the time. it makes me fall in love. the cherries blossom even though they aren't their. im not dying so eventuslly i realize that, and it fades away.

1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy