Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why say 'life doesnt matter' without god - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that danman2_2999 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whats goin on guys, just wanted to add my two cents, for what its worth. i was just thinking about the topic a couple days ago, and i came to conclusion that life really wouldnt matter without the existence of God, because our existence would totally be accidental, and we're no more than billions or trillions of atoms that will eventually be totally renewed, i think every 7 years???? dont quote me on that, it might be cells. but anyway, either way by the time someone dies after the age of 40, then technicly we arent the same organism as when we;re born since everything is constantly recycling. life wouldnt matter because without God, there is no reasoning for anything here! dang, so sad because on one hand, if there is a god, or more specificly, a Christian God, then i'm screwed because i think i think that jesus was just a radical jew that really did think he was God! so id go to hell...yet if if there is no god, then its possible that when we die, we just rot in the ground. wow, so depressing!

"down to smoke a bowl?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not denying a creator but there is an alternative to us being an "accident" if there is no 'god'... and rotting in the ground is not depressnig beacsue i remeber when i was young i often said "i want to be in my grave" even said that to a newsreporter in my local park (but he quoted me as saying "patrick licked the icecream" my parents told me that so that confirms at least if i thought that way (perhap from being shy.. scared of people etc) it feels so nice to die in a hole.. love it.. to me thats paeace

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dear danman2

What you say about christianity isn't entirely true. Now from the average christains point of view it is. But consider that no where in the bible does it state that one has to beleive in Jesus. It does say "..........who so ever beleives in "him" shall not perish but have everlasting life". This is all up to interpertation. "him" could mean Jesus, but more logically it is God. So whosoever beleives in God has everlasing life. Remeber that God was there before Jesus was. The christians have taken the focus of life off of God and put it on Jesus.

Sorry.........Way off thread.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dear Patape

You are right in a way dieing in a whole into nothingness, does have a certain appeal to it. But consider another idea were peace is just as much, but with this amazeing peace we have happiness and Joy, and Love. "Heaven would be the place." I think this a much better alternative to just dieying into a whole.

I think that was way off thread too...........

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
Why say 'life doesnt matter' without god - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy