Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you deserve respect? - Page 4

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Respect for humanity and respect for individual actions are completely seperate. So one should respect all people equally and yet judge actions seperately.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one should jude all actions equally and all people seperatly, because we do not understand their motivation for the action, therefore i beleive it is impossible to understand the action. the only thing that we do understand is that they did the action and we should resect that action itself, for it had its poupose. people dont always have a "good" poupose, i think actions do.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
We should not respect the action over the motive. The action of killing thousands of people is bad and not worthy of respect but the motive behind it may be worthy of respect

35yrs • M
i am in complete disagreal. the action of killing thousands of people is a feat of great acheivment and deserves the respect of a hero. but the evil "sinful" motive behind it is vile and deserves nothing.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
You said yourself that people do not do things that they think are wrong, so someone who kills thousands of people would believe they were right that is commendable. The desire to do right is worthy of respect however the action chosen is not

35yrs • M
i diagree. disire means nothing, only justification and that is so easy to get, it should not be respected, but excpected.

39yrs • M •
People can be best described by their motives not their actions. You may have really good intentions and yet do all the wrong things does that make you evil?

35yrs • M
yes

39yrs • M •
I disagree with that. I think that the desires are what define good and evil. If one desires to murder than they are evil regardless of how much community service they may do. Just as one who desires to do good but gets caught up in wrong is not evil

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm . . I know it may not be so today but in my youth, the lack givng respect raised social issues especially among minorities. The simple gesture of giving a nod as a sign of respect, acknowledging their person (existence) was a goal for many people.
Old saying you must have respect for yourself in order to respect others. Giving or having a greater respect for an individual or group should be something that is earn & is relative to individual values?
quote:
i am in complete disagreal. the action of killing thousands of people is a feat of great acheivment and deserves the respect of a hero. but the evil "sinful" motive behind it is vile and deserves nothing.
I certainly respect the power of nuclear weapons but I have nothing but disrespect for the intent to use them.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
thank you for understanding

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Desiring evil upon others comes from our hatred. But will you call someone evil, etherealmeekle, if someone desires to kill a dictator?

Motives deserve more importance. Things don't always turn out the way you want them to. Some good people's actions have evil consequences and some evil peopl's actions have good consequences. The action does deserve some importance, but motive has more weight in this matter.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
But will you call someone evil, etherealmeekle, if someone desires to kill a dictator?

Depends on the dictator. A dictator need not be a bad person, and if he or she is then killing them is not evil if that is the only way to remvoe that person from their position of abusisve power

35yrs • M
thats avoiding the question and wasting time. you know that he ment a bad one. Saddam. how about him.

39yrs • M •
To overthrow Saddam is a good thing the action may be percievably wrong but the intent is good for it will save many lives.

Do you deserve respect? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy