Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When I feel pain, I....

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I feel pain, I....
What do you do when you feel emotional pain? Cry? Suppress emotions? Mediditate? Write down your feelings? Work out? Scream? Annoy others? Grimace? Physically hurt yourself? Go out for fresh air?

Myself, I first put my emotions at bay until I'm in a place where I can think clearly. Then I meditate, and maybe write or cry. Sometimes, I cann a friend and tell her what bothers me.

I want to hear from others. Maybe there are better ways to react to pain.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To help me cope with emotional pain- I clear my mind, and think objectively. I usually go for a long run (about10-20km), have a shower, sleep, meditate or listen to music. They all help me relax and destress. Once I am relaxed, I usually lie on my bed for ages and thoroughly think. This allows me to confront my problems in a controlled manner. However I do not suppress my emotions. Eventually I may talk to a close friend or family member.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • F •
brittanyjean06 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i just got out of a 3 year relationship...( badly) and my pain is very very bad.. heart break is terrible...ive been with friends running...and hopefulyy beleive in as the saying goes" time heals all wounds..."

"the most beautiful thing about life, is the essence of it going away"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I cry my ass off. Then I get pissed.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i like to talk to someone that i care about. and if i feal like screamong or crying i do that, whatever comes natural.

and almost everytime i come on captain cynic. wether i right a poem, or look at the jokes. this site really helps out.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I bottle up all my emotions until they burst out in public over ridiculously small things, or I break down in my room while listening to music. If I'm angry: Hole and Sleater-Kinney. If I'm sad: Modest Mouse or Rio de la Muerte.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When i feel physical pain.. no matter how bad it may look. I just dont register it as "pain" it's really hard to explain I don't cry or yell or anything... buttt when i feel emotional pain I break like a bull jumpin around in an antique shop =\

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M
takeme- thats dangerous and im concerned.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
emotional pain is only solved thru acceptance and full experience

"dont got one"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wraith, i think its only really the first part of his way is bad, the latter part is a perfectly good way to deal with it. suppressing emotion when the circumstances require it is and a reasonable thing to do, but it is best to get rid of the emotion at an appropriate time asap. my way is generally to play nirvana or metallica on my guitar (when angry) when sad go see my gf, and just chat.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think i assess the problem. I ask why i feel this way, and try and see "is it my fault"- or what i percieve to be the "problems fault".-

and if im in the wrong...then i try to adjust my opinion.

if "they're"(the problem/r whatevea) wrong...than i die trying to fight it..

fear is my most...feared emotional trait.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M
i dont enjot being so thurough. (i dont hink i spelled that right) its just not any fun

35yrs • M •
cordelllain is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i try to immediately catch my pain and examine and rationalize it, finding the very specific reasons for it, and once that is done i forget the pain/problem for later.

more often though, as i try to "catch the pain" it jsut slips away and i return to a more objective mindset.

41yrs • M •
dhawalkhakhra is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i usually start a conversation with god u know at the end i get one solution everything is done for good if u can change the situation do it right now if not u dont have any right to say or to feel anything against it just accept life as it comes

"love and life is gr8 thanks god"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well.....physical pain doesnt bother me much, there are quite a few physical pains that i actually sort of enjoy.......emotional pain on the other hand i dont deal to well with.....i either bottle it up until i explode or get really angry and cry and want to break shit

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
When I feel pain, I....
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy