Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Can the Supernatural be taken seriously? - Page 3

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I said it being a 'problem' I was refering to the flaw I see in universal truth:
- which is absolutely based on abstract and rational judgements.
- which rejects the ideology that individual truths exist (ie. a determinist who believes they can reduce all truth down to a singular universal absolute).

And yes whatever you say, whatever I say, only applies to one's self. Relativism my friend.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
you have no ability to comprehend its mechanisms in a form of discussion

I have comprehended the mechanisms regardless if I disagree with 'logical reductionism'. It seems you have limited ability to comprehend relativism.

quote:
you have little to no place on a discussion forum, and especially one like this, if you believe that knowledge is not the result of logical deductions and observations...Your thoughts are ridiculous and it is blatently apparent that you are just regurgitating things you've read with little to no deduction on your own part...

And so are your thoughts apparently ridiculous. Your discriminatory assumptions of me 'regurgitating things...with no deduction" is utter hypocracy! because relativism is a well established and known philosophical view point. This is a philosophical debate. A debate is where two or more opinions are discussed. Not one! There is no absolute universal right or wrong, only perception and opinion.
I'm sorry but it seems that you have short-cutted this discussion because you can't provide an answer to what 'universal truth' is, which is fair enough considering my point of view. Your only reason is that you don't believe me and that I don't believe in reductionism. Your views are just as extremist. You could have more appropriately justified your reasoning. freedom of speech my friend.

I too would love to get back to the original topic, but you can't expect people to completely accept your dictating absolute opinion. I do believe captaincynic is a place for discussing and sharing other's opinions. And the reason why we are discussing this is because it is relevant to how we give judgement.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
Can the Supernatural be taken seriously? - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy