The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

An uneducated view...thrown together

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
mr_hospitality is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The greeks had gods that resided on mountain tops and in the depths of the ocean. The idea that was appealing about this at the time was that no one could go to the top of the highest mountain or to the lowest point in the ocean, their god was out of reach to them. When we could reach the points where their gods were to have existed, we dismissed their theory. The Egyptians worshiped a sun god. Again, they placed their god out of reach. How the fuck are these ancient people going to get anywhere near the sun? How the fuck would they know that there wasn't a damn thing up there? People of our day though, goddamn it, they're smart as hell! They placed a god where no one will ever be able to go...in a separate goddamn realm. God is all around us, but can't be seen. Give me a fucking break! I can think of so many reasons why nothing exists, but fear is the only reason that I can ponder that someone would believe such an insane thing.

Its only human to fear the unknown. I do. But I'm not going to go jumping on the bandwagon believing in some mythical character. Call me ignorant I don't really give a fuck...I am...so be it....but guess what...if you believe in god...you've got a shitload of problems to deal with so I suggest that you don't worry about my ignorance, but spend your time trying to get a fucking clue you fucking retard. Pull your head our of your ass and look the fuck around. Would a god, supposedly perfect, let hurricane Katrina happen? And who the fuck is this babbling retard hillbilly that he supposedly put in charge of our country? Man, your god is either ignorant just like me, or he's fucking retarded too.

What if....back in the time of Jesus...I paraded around saying that I was the son of god and to worship me or else.... There are some believable elements in the bible...let me see a bible without recourse to miracle...if the 'miracles' couldn't happen today then they sure as hell couldn't happen back then. Otherwise, Jesus seems like your average joe....a crazy mother fucker....but human nonetheless. But back to my question...what if I acted like god? Like I was convinced that I was invincible? That I was humble and unafraid? If I did that today, I would be sent to an institution. Back then...whatever dude...why not make him a historical figure? Why not base our whole timeline on his birth? Is there any proof that this guy even existed?

Anyways, I just felt the need to make myself heard. Thank you for your time, fuck you all and good night

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
very good post. I feel almost the same way ::claps::

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
first of all... good point in your first paragraph except we will be able to travel into different dimensions soon enough...
so that will prove our theory of god wrong... then the crazy religion folk will say "nono hes in an unreachable different dimension..."

another point... intelligent design and yes, im not kidding... ITELLIGENT FALLING...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

the theory that gravity doesnt exist, god just keeps pushing us down. so now, ask me this... what if someone, just for now lets say ME... invented anti gravity, that means that god cant push us down... therefore the religious folks would be wrong again, but being the creative dodgers that they are, they will say that antigravity is like saying antichrist because gravity is jesus, but just earlier they said gravity doesnt exist so there they contradict themselves... anyway, they will say the devil will be pushing us up...

the whole point of this is STOP FUCKING CARING. the religious folk will always make up ways around any proof that god doesnt exist because thats what they're good at... making stuff up.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Christians have never changed the location of their God. Except that before Jesus died God dwelt around us and now that Jesus has paid the price for sin God now also dwells in those of whom believe in Him.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy